Mariners Church is a biblically-centered, non-denominational church located in Orange County, CA focused on inspiring people to follow Jesus and fearlessly change the world. Mariners is listed as one of the top 20 largest churches in America by Outreach Magazine and a core value is building community by connecting people in groups. For this reason, we are seeking a talented College Pastor who will minister to and lead college students in the local community towards deepening their faith.Job Description
The College Pastor will report to the Discipleship Pastor and be part of the pastoral team of the church. This person will lead a talented team of student volunteers to create a local church-based college ministry with an on-campus presence across colleges in Orange County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and set a vision for the College ministry.
- Establish Mariners campus ministries on college campuses across Orange County to reach and engage students on the campus and to funnel them to a congregation of Mariners Church.
- Build, organize, and mobilize teams of volunteers who raise and develop more volunteers
- Encourage students to attend weekend services at Mariners and to get connected into a Life Group (and the life of the church)
- Work with the Youth Ministry to prepare high school seniors as they transition to college.
- Maintain keen awareness of cultural trends affecting college students and make appropriate recommendations on communication tools, channels, and strategies.
- Oversee a budget and manage expenses for College ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in Biblical Studies, Theology, or Divinity preferred.
- 5-7 years of previous experience in church or ministry.
- Must be able to lead and facilitate discussions on faith and have a strong biblical foundation.
- Able to engage and develop volunteers who want to serve and build teams.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
All Mariners Church Staff:
- Love Jesus and call themselves Christians.
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Agree to and adhere to the church's statement of faith and leadership commitment.
- Attend Mariners Church.