PSO/MMO Services Manager
Marine Ventures International Stuart, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marine Ventures International, Inc. (MVI) is a marine science and technical services consulting firm that provides environmental services worldwide. MVI seeks a bachelor’s degree level or above scientist with expertise in marine mammal, sea turtle, and other protected species regulations, policy, and assessment. This position will be based out of MVI’s Stuart, FL office with the opportunity to work from home.
This position requires experience and understanding of the regulatory environment involved with nearshore and offshore marine construction, seismic and renewable energy development both locally and worldwide. This is primarily an office-based position whose duties will include supporting the nearshore and offshore marine construction, seismic and renewable energy development markets and supporting the marine mammal and other protected species services
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of projects from proposal preparation to project management to contributing to experimental / survey design, field data collection, analysis, report writing, and presentations. Understanding of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance, Endangered Species Act (ESA), and the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) is required.
This position may require occasional domestic or international travel including field activities for extended periods of time (up to 6 weeks) on nearshore or offshore platforms/vessels.
ACCOUNTABILITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Duties include but are not limited to;
- Managing or assisting in management of all aspects of projects, recruiting, personnel database management, scheduling and logistical coordination of personnel, assisting with business development tasks, contracting personnel, assist with personnel and client invoicing, contribute to marketing initiatives, uphold and contribute to HSSE requirements and initiatives, obtain subcontractor quotations, maintenance, inventory, packaging, troubleshooting and logistical coordination of equipment, assisting with PSO and PAM training programs, and consultations as a subject matter expert (SME)
- The quality, validity, and accuracy of a project's science component must be maintained
- This position will involve providing support to lead scientists in both projects and proposal efforts, initially acting as an assistant project manager on active projects, adhering to corporate Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental protocols and training, and accepting other duties across the diverse portfolio of MVI, as assigned
- The applicant will be expected to work flexible, none-core hours as occasionally required to meet project management and deliverable demands
- Applicants should be able to work remotely with team members and have good organizational skills, and significant initiative, requiring little direction in identifying correct courses of action
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in such fields as oceanography, marine policy, marine science, marine biology, biological oceanography, underwater acoustics, or equivalent related field is required
- At least 3 years experience in related projects outside of academia (e.g., government, industry).
- Experience as either a Project Manager or Technical Lead
- Experience with client/funding source interactions, subcontractor management, subcontractor and equipment logistics, budget and schedule development and tracking, equipment maintenance and technical support, coordination and preparation of project deliverables, and technical review of project documents
- Demonstrated, excellent writing (writing sample will be required) and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computers and standard Microsoft software packages including word processing skills is required/preferred
- Proficiency with the following software is preferred: Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams), Adobe Acrobat, PAMGuard, and Mysticetus
- Familiarity with MatLab and GIS software is also desired
- Previous contribution to peer-reviewed publications is advantageous
Applicants must possess current, long-term authorization to work in the United States; MVI is unable to initiate visa sponsorship.
Upon selection for an interview, applicants should be prepared to send a cover letter, resume, university transcripts (may be unofficial), offshore safety certificates (PSO/MMO Certification, NMFS approval, FWC Observer Form, and/or PAM training, offshore safety, offshore medical, etc.), and contact information for three references
*Any of the above can be uploaded during the application process.
Marine Ventures International, Inc. (MVI) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All employees and qualified applicants are treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries/discussions/disclosures, or any other status protected by law.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Marine Ventures International
TechnologyView all jobs at Marine Ventures International