Assistant Engineer - Richmond, CA
Marine Spill Response Corporation Richmond, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marine Spill Response Corporation is a not-for-profit, U.S. Coast Guard Classified Oil Spill Removal Organization. MSRC was formed in 1990 to offer oil spill response services and mitigate damage to the environment.
MSRC is currently looking for an Assistant Engineer aboard an Oil Spill Response vessel located in Richmond, CA. The Assistant Engineer will assist the Chief Engineer in the day-to-day operations, maintenance, and repair of all equipment and systems.The position offers a schedule of M-F 0700-1530 with the ability to go home nights and weekends. This is a dynamic opportunity for a motivated individual to become part of an oil spill response company with a competitive compensation package including great Health Care Benefits with an above average 401(k) savings plan. EOE
- The ability to commute daily, and report back to the vessel within 2 hours to comply with MSRC's emergency response mission.
- Stand engine room watches as required at sea and during maneuvering
- Operate systems and equipment in accordance with procedures or as otherwise directed by the Chief Engineer
- Be familiar with normal and emergency operating procedures for the steering gear, generators, bilge pump, and fire pump.
- Become familiar with system and equipment emergency operating procedures
- Assist with Preventive Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, approved modifications, record keeping.
- Conduct routine tests and inspections (i.e., lube oil testing, cooling water testing).
- Must possess MMC rating of an Assistant Engineer
- License endorsements must list endorsements specific to: STCW III/1 OICEW, III/4 RFPEW, BST, as well as Engineer Officer and Lifeboatman (minimum)
- Valid USCG medical certificate (STCW) required
- TWIC card
- The ability to commute daily, and report back to, the vessel within 2 hours to comply with MSRC's emergency response mission
- Capable of prolonged, strenuous work onboard vessels at sea
- Effective leadership and written and oral communications skills
- Ability to operate industrial equipment and their systems safely
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- 40-Hour Hazwoper is desired
- Employment is contingent upon: completion of a successful background check; pre-hire medical exam and drug screen; ability to obtain a valid driver’s license, TWIC, and U.S. Passport
To apply please click the "Apply Now," and follow the instructions provided.
Powered by JazzHR