Accounts Payable Specialist
MSRC The Marine Spill Response Corporation (MSRC) is a private, non-profit, U.S. Coast Guard Oil Spill Removal Organization (OSRO). Formed in 1990, MSRC is the world's largest provider of resources for removing and mitigating oil on the water's surface and offers a full range of oil spill response capabilities intended to help meet the planning criteria of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
MSRC is offering an immediate opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist based in Herndon, VA. The Accounts Payable Specialist is part of the corporate finance team and supports the accounts payable process for MSRC’s nationwide organization. The position reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and features a hybrid remote work schedule. Learn more about MSRC’s mission at www.msrc.org.
- Assist in day-to-day accounts payable operations, including invoice and expense processing, and multiple methods of payment processing.
- Perform timely and accurate data entry into accounting systems (MSRC uses Great Plains and Avidxchange (Ariett) systems for invoices and expense reports).
- Assist with employee and vendor inquiries, system set-up, and problem resolution, including research and verification processes.
- Review key fields on invoice and expense transactions submitted by region/division personnel for completion and accuracy.
- Perform weekly and monthly review processes, including rent/lease payment review, checkrun process, and discrepancy reviews.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in business, accounting or finance a plus.
- Minimum of three years of accounts payable or general accounting experience with demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping fundamentals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Effective verbal and written communication with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
MSRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Marine Spill Response CorporationHerndon, VA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounts Payable Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.