EVS Aide, Environmental Services, Full Time Days or Evenings
- $27 to $34 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
EVS Aide, Environmental Services, Full Time Days or Evenings
$26.67 - $33.73/hr.
ABOUT MARINHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER:
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth Medical Center. We are Marin County’s only full-service acute care hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential healthcare services. Our mission — and our pride — is to serve our community with the healing care they want and deserve. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: high quality care on par with an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth Medical Center offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth Medical Center
External hires are subject to a background check and pre-employment medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
Performs daily cleaning tasks in public areas, patient care areas and ancillary patient support areas including offices, exam rooms or other areas as assigned. As required, performs scheduled cycle cleaning and non-scheduled project tasks. Performs all tasks following established Department policies and procedures maintaining or exceeding standards of cleanliness and sanitation as set forth by Marin County, California Department of Public Health and The Joint Commission.
High School level or equivalent preferred.
A minimum of six months experience in an acute care hospital, a skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility, or a medical clinic is preferred. Twelve months experience as a janitor in an office building or commercial complex or as a hotel housekeeper is acceptable.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to organize work tasks and carry them through to a timely conclusion.
• Ability to work cooperatively with all supervisory personnel.
• Ability to work cooperatively with all other employees.
• Possess a flexible attitude regarding performing varied job tasks and work assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL (not modifiable)
• Dust mop floors using chemically treated dust cloths or cloth dust mops.
• Wet mop floors using hospital approved, registered disinfectants or appropriate floor care products.
• Vacuum carpets in assigned work areas.
• Spot clean walls, windows, doors, etc. using appropriate cleaning products.
• Dust horizontal and vertical surfaces using treated cloths or dust mops with the appropriate dusting tools.
• Polish metal surfaces and fixtures with appropriate polishing products.
• Re-stock paper products and other supplies in assigned work areas on daily basis.
• Empty, clean and reline with plastic liners waste baskets and other trash receptacles.
• Move, transport and re-align beds and other furniture as needed.
• Collect trash and soiled linen from work area to designated storage area.
• Disinfect fixtures, beds, furnishings and surfaces with hospital approved, registered disinfectant using approved cleaning procedures.
• Clean stairways, exits, entrances and elevators as specified by departmental procedures.
• Perform routine, daily cleaning procedures of patient rooms and treatment areas.
• Perform terminal cleaning of patient rooms and treatment areas, including but not limited to, trash and soiled linen removal, high and low dusting, spot cleaning and disinfecting, bed cleaning and disinfecting, make up bed with clean linens, sweeping and mopping floor, visual inspection.
• Maintain cleaning tools, equipment and E/S storage areas in clean and organized manner.
• Adheres to universal precautions when cleaning rooms designated as isolation by the Infection Prevention Coordinator.
• Adheres to Hospital’s service standards and behaviors.
• Sort and distribute clean linen as assigned.
• Inspect and evaluate completed tasks for quality standards.
• Maintain standards designed for compliance with The Joint Commission, Title 22 and other regulatory agencies.
• Performs other departmental tasks as assigned.
• Appropriate and safe use of cleaning products and floor care chemicals including preparation of end use products.
• Removal of biohazard waste from patient rooms to soiled utility room on immediate floor.
• Use of hospital automotive vehicles.
• Distributes assignments to staff.
• Acts as mentor/trainer of new staff.
• Distributes clean linen and/or scrub apparel, exchange carts to designated units.
• Tear down and set up conference or meeting rooms, offices, patient rooms, etc.
• Changes drapes and cubicle curtains in patient rooms/treatment areas, offices and public areas.
• Clean window blinds.
• Ceiling and wall washing and interior window washing as specified by department procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth requires employees to receive all required immunizations, including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine + booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for limited and specific situations.
MarinHealth Medical Center, formerly known as Marin General Hospital, this beloved institution has been meeting our community’s healthcare needs since 1952 as an award-winning, full-service, not-for-profit hospital. Our mission — and our pride — is providing the people of Marin with the healing care they want and deserve. Many Marin County residents choose to live here because they appreciate the healthy lifestyle and transformative natural environment. Our philosophy of care is very much in tune with these values. We are dedicated to treating the whole patient — mind, body and spirit, and our patient-centric approach to care focuses on each patient’s needs, goals, and satisfaction. MarinHealth Medical Center offers advanced medical expertise, state-of-the-art technology, and treatments in an exceptionally healing environment. We are currently constructing a state-of-the-art new building, planned for opening in 2020. We also give our patients the opportunity to complement their medical treatment with Integrative Wellness services. The building of our new hospital. Backed by the support of the citizens of Marin County, we are in the midst of constructing an advanced, seismically safe new hospital that will provide an unparalleled healing environment for both patients and staff.
Energy and Environment
Get fresh EVS Aide, Environmental Services, Full Time Days or Evenings jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.