Price Simms is a highly successful, locally owned group of auto dealerships that prides itself on excellence in customer service, being a great employer and a valuable member of the community.
The Company currently has over 600 employees.
Reporting to the General Manager, General Sales Manager and Sales Manager, this person is responsible for meeting specific financial goals in terms of sales and margins as well as maintaining a high CSI rating. The Direct Sales Manager will also help facilitate leads generated by any third party lead providers and other technology and services vendors. The Direct Sales Manager will be responsible for response times as required by the manufacture (Jaguar-Land Rover-Volvo). This person will be responsible for following up and communicating with all incoming leads. This position allows for and requires you to perform and negotiate with all your clients/leads.
The Direct Sales Managers is responsible for managing their own portfolio of clients/leads.
The Direct Sales Manager will serve as a member of the store leadership team responsible for driving the strategic growth of the Company as it pertains to the Direct Sales Department, while at the same time remaining very hands on with respect to the execution of customer sales from lead through delivery.
- Maintain a strong awareness of competitor sales and marketing activities and techniques. Proactively maintain awareness and communicate all known details of competitors to team members.
- Participate in vendor webinars and training to ensure an understanding of the latest technologies and how to use them. Reinforce importance of training and use of all key features to team, especially CRM.
- Recruit, develop and grow a development organization that will achieve and exceed the strategic objectives.
- Manage and monitor the daily activity of the sales staff (ex. Fresh ups, appointments, etc.).
- Effectively communicate the expectations of performance and ensure accountability and maximum contribution of each sales team member.
- Set and manage to budget and performance goals as well as non-financial objectives that complement the business strategy and organizational goals.
Specific job requirements include:
- Ensure that team responds to all customer inquires, phone and email in less than 30 minutes
- Complete and accurate daily reporting
- Ensure that team sets the necessary number of appointments to meet sales goals
- Develop and manage departmental budget and sales planning
- Maintain CSO of _____
- Achieve Gross profit objectives (PUT IN ACTUAL NUMBER)
- Oversee promotion of new and used vehicles and incentives, ensuring timely submission of promotions for posting across the website, Facebook, newsletters, video. Ensure that all team members are trained on the details of all offers and promotions.
- Ensure all members are trained on all systems and are competent in using them
- Measure and analyze results including lead channel performance, conversion ratios, closing rates, and ROI
- Work with GM, and Used vehicle manager to manage inventory and allocation.
- Support growth of service revenue by ensuring the setting of customers’ first appointment.
A seasoned sales manager with a minimum of 3 years experience in automotive dealerships. This individual should possess an outstanding track record of successfully and profitably closing customers and developing team members. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial fire, and an affinity for adopting and leveraging the latest tools and technologies. He or she should also have a passion for delivering value to customers.
Specific credentials include:
- A track record of successful automotive sales as defined by volume, margin, and CSI.
- A mature, dynamic and resilient leader with proven ability to recruit, develop and retain an excellent team.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively with a flexible and adaptable personality.
- Personal characteristics should include: high integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, innovative thinker, team player, passion for leveraging systems and processes, excellent leader, flexibility, high-energy.
- Unwavering owner support to maximize your success
- A clear, yet flexible career path with substantial opportunity for growth
- Aggressive lead model with substantial marketing and advertising budget
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Extensive technology to support all aspects of sales and service
- Culture of innovation and teamwork
- Great reputation and relationships with manufacturers
- Growing organization
- Well-funded, forward-thinking ownership team
- 5-day Work week, comprehensive benefits package, including 401k plan
- Immediate, comprehensive and continuous training for success