Family Nurse Practitioner (Convenience Care)
- Expired: January 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Family Nurse Practitioner within the Convenience Care Clinic handles patients of all ages. The core philosophy is that the Family Nurse Practitioner provides individualized care that connects the patient to their primary care health home. The Nurse Practitioner focus is on patients' conditions as well as the effects of illness on the lives of the patients and their families. The Nurse Practitioner provides prevention, wellness and patient education during the course of providing acute outpatient ambulatory care.
- Not less than 1 year 2 years highly desired of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or completion of a residency training program of 12 or more month's duration.
Covid-19 Vaccination and Boosters Requirements:
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including "health-care" required boosters as a condition of employment, subject to limited exemptions. New employees are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted before the first day of employment. If you completed your primary series, received an original booster and it has been more than 2 months from that booster dose - it is recommended, but not required that you receive the Bivalent booster.Responsibilities
- Assists in telephone triage at our convenience care clinic in San Rafael
- Performs telemedicine visits and brings patient for in-person exams when needed
- Informs patients about their health care and encourages them to participate in decisions.
- Collaborates in a team based healthcare model with physicians and other health professionals as needed, including providing referrals.
- Counsels and educates patients on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options.
- Obtains medical histories and conducts physical examinations.
- Diagnoses, treats, and monitors uncontrolled chronic diseases (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure).
- Provides well-child care, including screening and immunizations.
- Provides health maintenance care for adults, including annual physicals.
- Participates in quality activities as assigned by their clinical leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a valid California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Must possess a current medication-furnishing license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Must possess a California Registered Nurse License.
- Not less than 1-2 years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or completion of a residency training program of 12 or more month's duration.
- Past experience working in an urgent care setting a plus.
- Combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and abilities listed above will also be considered.
- Current BLS certification.
- Prior experience utilizing Epic Electronic Health Records highly desired.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills highly desired.
- Computer skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural population from a variety of income levels.
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer
- Conduct medical assessment/visit via phone and video
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Hiring Bonus: Yes, up to $25,000.00 if eligible for FT status, prorated if working under FT status.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
MCC is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.MinUSD $120,000.00/Yr.MaxUSD $160,000.00/Yr.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Marin Community Clinics
1618 Second StreetSan Rafael, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Marin Community Clinics
Get fresh Family Nurse Practitioner jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.