Social Media Manager - Cannabis Industry
Marijuanapackaging.com Vernon, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At MarijuanaPackaging.com we strive to be leaders in packaging innovation and state-of-the-art customizations using technological advancements, allowing us to stay a step ahead of the competition in the ever-expanding cannabis industry. We provide the most affordable high-quality packaging materials, smoke shop supplies, and commercial machinery available on the market! Established in 2011, we have become a premier manufacturer for all the top brands and dispensaries throughout the country. As an equal opportunity employer, our leadership team works hard to provide every new hire with the opportunity to work along with industry professionals, gain valuable experience, and learn about all things 420. We recognize that every member of our staff plays an important role in the continued success of our company, so we make it our priority to create an environment where our employees can excel and open the door to an equally successful future.
We are currently seeking a talented Social Media Manager for an onsite position at our corporate headquarters in Vernon. Responsibilities will include building and maintaining a strong online presence for our company. The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, organized, and self-sufficient individual with a passion for all things social media. This role will serve as the go-to person for all influencer relations, brand partnerships, and more. Additionally, this person will oversee and implement reporting systems to measure KPIs, metrics as well as scheduling social media feeds on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Linkedin.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Define our social strategy and execute it across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Manage the content calendar for social, actively sourcing new content internally through collaboration with our department directors and externally with influencer/partner brands.
- Manage the execution of influencer activations throughout the year, user-generated content campaigns, and more.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Actively research and analyze the social landscape, providing recommendations on trends, new platforms, and campaign strategies.
- Create a detailed audience and market segmentation presentation with specific demographic and psychographic information that justifies our overall tactics.
- Manage contracts with influencers, brands, and agents to ensure a clear scope of work, expectations, and deliverables.
- Create and maintain an influencer/brand database with accurate, up-to-date aspirational and active partnerships.
- Proactively reach out to key influencers & brands for placements in-line with new launches, messaging, PR initiatives, social-specific activations, and more.
- Work with the creative department on designing and replenishing marketing as well as potential gifting materials for partnerships.
- Plan & schedule social media posts to include brand partnerships and influencer-related content to curate an aesthetically pleasing, engaging feed.
- Act as a digital community manager – engaging and activating our social following.
- Apply knowledge of social media algorithms to develop strategies designed to engage target audiences, drive general awareness, impact growth and generate sales on applicable platforms
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2 – 4 years of Digital Media experience (ie PR, Marketing and/or Social Media-specific experience) – Experience within the Cannabis (and/or CBD) Industry field is a plus.
- Experience working with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest - Linkedin experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of effectively managing budgets.
- A creative problem solver: must be able to distill goals and objectives and align strategies and tactics to meet them.
- Must be a fast learner, self-sufficient and comfortable growing and owning this category.
- Comfort with data/analytics to effectively evaluate and report on project success with KPI updates.
- Excellent cross-functional and cross-cultural communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must have strong organizational skills, prioritizing, multi-tasking, communication skills, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent networking, communication, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to reliably adhere to multiple deadlines and plan accordingly, enabling adequate production & implementation time.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans available
- Flexible vacation scheduling
- Health & Wellness Program
- Quality work-personal life balance
At MarijuanaPackaging.com, we are leaders in a competitive marketplace, manufacturing and supplying high-quality packaging materials and smoke shop supplies across the country. Established in 2011, we quickly became recognized for our innovative product lines and are now proud to supply top brands, dispensaries, and processors in our field. Employees have an amazing chance to gain valuable experience, knowledge, and work alongside industry professionals. As an equal opportunity employer with strong leadership we recognize that everyone plays an important role to maintain our thriving company and by joining our team you’ll be able to unlock a door to a bright and successful future.