We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair machinery and fleet vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems. Must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs on both light and heavy equipment such as trucks, loaders, graders, gradalls, forklifts, backhoes and tractors etc.
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle/equipment users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Keeping shop clean for a safe work environment.
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Possess math skills & critical thinking
- Aptitude in using various hand tools and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, schematics, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- High school diploma is preferred;
- Valid license: Tanker Endorsement, Class A Preferred
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Requires lifting up to 75+ pounds, extended periods of bending, stooping, squatting and occasional twisting
- Capable of working outdoors during seasonal heat and/or cold or other adverse weather conditions