Under general supervision, this position performs technical work in the maintenance and repair of the marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position.
- Performs repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment;
- Cleans and maintains areas surrounding facilities and related equipment;
- Makes equipment adjustments and reports any serious problems;
- Assists with operational tasks in other areas as needed;
- Identify and report and health and/or safety hazards;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must possess general knowledge relating to pipe, concrete and metal fabrication;
- Proven ability to effectively and safely operates hand tools and other equipment related to maintenance trades;
- Must possess hands-on experience with construction, welding, electrical, and plumbing;
- Ability to use a forklift, crane, boat, reach boom and other heavy equipment;
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- 3 years experience working in a maintenance capacity;
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays;
- Requires lifting up to 50-75 pounds, extended periods of bending, stooping, squatting and occasional twisting;
- Capable of working outdoors during seasonal heat and/or cold or other adverse weather conditions.