Under general supervision, performs technical work in the maintenance and repair of water distribution systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position.
- Performs repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment;
- Cleans and maintains areas surrounding wells, facilities and related equipment;
- Makes equipment adjustments and reports any serious problems;
- Assists with operational tasks in other areas as needed;
- Identify and report and health and/or safety hazards;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must possess general knowledge relating to ditches, canal structures, pipe, concrete and metal fabrication;
- Proven ability to effectively and safely operates hand tools and other equipment related to maintenance trades and water distribution system operations;
- Must possess hands-on experience with irrigation systems, pipe-fitting using copper, plastic and steel;
- Ability to use a forklift, crane, loader, dump truck, backhoe and other heavy equipment;
- Must possess effective communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to identify and communicate any maintenance related issues;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Capable of working independently or in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 3 years’ experience working in a maintenance capacity, water distribution experience preferred;
- Must possess a valid CDL with Tanker endorsement, Class A preferred;
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed;
- Requires lifting up to 75+ pounds, extended periods of bending, stooping, squatting and occasional twisting;
- Capable of working outdoors during seasonal heat and/or cold or other adverse weather conditions.