Under general supervision, this position’s primary function is to ensure water delivery throughout the service area. This position is on-call and will be required to respond after hours to any water emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position.
- Ensures water delivery to maintain appropriate water levels;
- Keeps laterals free of debris and performs general clean-up as needed, including weed control;
- Performs repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance as needed;
- Assists with operational tasks in other areas as needed;
- Identify and report health and/or safety hazards;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must possess general maintenance knowledge;
- Must be able to work unsupervised and with a team;
- Must possess good communication and customer service skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 1-3 years experience working in a maintenance capacity;
- Must possess a valid CDL Driver’s License, Class B preferred or the ability to obtain;
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays;
- Requires lifting up to 50-75 pounds, extended periods of bending, stooping, squatting and occasional twisting;
- Capable of working outdoors during seasonal heat and/or cold or other adverse weather conditions.