Carries out day-to-day activities of general and electrical maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by this position.
- Responsible for electrical maintenance operation, installation & inspection;
- Performs repairs, preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment;
- Troubleshoots electrical and control circuits;
- Makes equipment adjustments and reports any serious problems;
- Knows and installs equipment according to current NEC standards;
- Performs transformer replacements on well sites;
- Troubleshoot motors, compressors, generators, etc.;
- Acts as liaison between APS & other utility companies;
- Identify and report health and/or safety hazards;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must possess knowledge of current NEC standards;
- Must possess knowledge of single and 3-phase electrical systems;
- Must possess general construction knowledge, i.e. (plumbing, landscaping, concrete, lighting);
- Proven electrical skills to perform troubleshooting and repair of submersible pumps and motors, electrical motors, compressors, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively and safely operates hand tools and other equipment related to maintenance trades;
- Ability to use a forklift, crane, loader, dump truck, backhoe and other heavy equipment;
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 3-5 years experience working in an advanced electrical maintenance capacity;
- Must possess a valid CDL with Tanker endorsement, Class A preferred;
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays;
- Requires lifting up to 50-75 pounds, extended periods of bending, stooping, squatting and occasional twisting;
- Capable of working outdoors during seasonal heat and/or cold or other adverse weather conditions.