Math Teacher 7-12 Grade
Maricopa Institute of Technology Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $54,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Classification: Certified Salary Schedule at $54,000 to $65,000
Experience: Minimum of one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Essential: A valid fingerprint card. No convictions for felonies or crimes against children.
Reports to: Headmaster
Summary: Provides a high-quality STEMM evolved instruction within a high technology-based small school environment where every student is acknowledged and valued as an individual; upholds the mission, vision, and values of Maricopa Institute of Technology and contributes to positive learning environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Maricopa Institute of Technology.
- Plan for and teach five sections according to the Arizona State Standards.
- Teach Math, Algebra-I, Algebra-II, Geometry, Statistics & Probability, or any Math content classes with an adopted curriculum aligned to Arizona State Standards.
- Be willing to attend training, workshops, conferences, professional development meetings, and/or any additional session on English language Learners’ strategies and state testing.
- Must be able to follow directions related to differentiated instructions and accommodations for English Language Learners and students with special needs.
- Expect to guide college-preparatory learning and teaching activities that align with our school standards.
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Develop and implement STEMM-based lesson plans and differentiated instructional activities aligned with State Standards.
- Collaborate with other content area teachers to work on inter-curricular unit plans based on the STEMM activities.
- Monitor and track student’s progress via regular class assessment in various forms.
- Analyze the data and initiate differentiated instructions and interventions based on the need assessment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve STEMM instructional practices and share best practices with a positive approach.
- Productively and positively participate in online and/or in-person professional development activities, and follow all instructions and expectations.
- Be open to constructive feedback provided during/after walk-through and/or formal observations reflecting a growth mindset.
- To stay professional, respectful, and courteous to students, staff, administration without encouraging or indulging in any activity directly or indirectly that promotes negativity and animosity among staff members.
- Communicate and involve students, parents, and staff members to better support student’s education.
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the discipline matrix established in the school system.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and follow all instructions and expectations.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests, assignments, etc. and provide appropriate and timely feedback.
- Maintain accurate student records including but not limited to parental communication log, attendance, grade, and special achievements.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with the team members to effectively address those needs.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned from the Headmaster.
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate extracurricular activities, school clubs, Student Council events, athletics, after-school tutoring, Summer School, as well as any additional responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related subject from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Must hold valid Arizona Teacher Certification with approved area/endorsement as needed for the position.
- Multiple Subjects Teaching Certificate is preferred but not essential.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the subject area of position at the time of hire.
- Full ESL and/or Full Bilingual Endorsement preferred.
- Full SEI Endorsement required.
- Well-versed but not limited to knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google applications, online teaching portals, and programs.
- Ability to compile data, assemble reports and analyze the need.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish skills are desired but not required.
- The work environment is a normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, Certified-Exempt; benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff to include but not limited to the following:
- Faculty Performance Folio;
- Student Academic Portfolios;
- 50% of teacher overall evaluation will be based on student achievement as detailed in the school’s CIP;
- STEM Walk-Through Instrument;
- Formal Faculty Performance Observation Instrument;
- AZELLA, AZM2, Galileo or other State Assessment results;
- Interaction with administrator and staff collaboration and collegiality;
- Parent Communication and Involvement;
- Community Participation; and
- Parent Surveys and Student Surveys.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Leave Days
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
EEF is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Powered by JazzHR