History Teacher 7-12 Grade
Maricopa Institute of Technology Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $54,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Classification: Certified Salary Schedule at $54,000 to $65,000
Experience: Minimum of one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Essential: A valid finger print card. No convictions for felonies or crimes against children.
Reports to: Headmaster
Summary: Provides a high-quality STEMM evolved instruction within a high technology-based small school environment where every student is acknowledged and valued as an individual; uphold the mission, vision, and values of Maricopa Institute of Technology and contribute to the positive learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Develop and implement STEMM based lesson plans and instructional activities aligned with State Standards.
- Monitor and tracks student’s progress via regular assessment and data analysis and initiate differentiated instructions and interventions based on the need assessment.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve STEMM instructional practices and share best practices with a positive approach.
- Communicate and involve students, parents, and staff members to better support a student’s education.
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the discipline matrix established in the school system.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and follow all instructions and expectations.
- Assign and grade classwork, homework, tests, assignments, etc. and provide appropriate and timely feedback.
- Maintain accurate student records including but not limited to parental communication log, attendance, grade, and special achievements.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with the team members to effectively address those needs.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Maricopa Institute of Technology.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned from the Head Master.
- The flexibility of schedule to accommodate extracurricular activities, school clubs, Student Council events, athletics, after school tutoring, Summer School, as well as any additional responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related subject from an accredited college or university.
- Must hold valid Arizona Teacher Certification with approved area/endorsement as needed for the position.
- Multiple Subjects Teaching Certificate is preferred but not essential.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the subject area of position at the time of hire.
- Well-versed but not limited to knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google applications, on-line teaching portals, and programs.
- Ability to compile data, assemble reports, and analyze the need.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish skills are helpful but not required.
- Performance is based on the teacher’s evaluations twice in a year.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Leave Days
Equal Opportunity Employer:
EEF is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Powered by JazzHR
Maricopa Institute of Technology
EducationView all jobs at Maricopa Institute of Technology