Fiscal Analyst Senior - Financial Planning and Budget
Maricopa Community Colleges District Office Tempe, AZ
- Posted: April 27, 2021
- $52,139 to $67,781 Yearly
Fiscal Analyst Senior - Financial Planning and Budget
Job ID: 314970
Location: District Support Services Cntr
Full/Part Time: Full Time
$52,139- $67,781/annually, DOE
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you're teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona's Best Employers
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
The Fiscal Analyst Senior performs a wide range of complex budget, financial, and policy analyses. This position develops and coordinates processes for the compilation of annual budget. This role provides training on budget system and supports the Financial Planning and Budget Department within the District Business Services Division.
35% - Utilizes budget system, financial system, and human resource system to perform highly complex financial and statistical analyses, budget and actual variance analysis, scenario planning, financial modeling and forecasting, and fiscal research.
30% - Performs base budget reconciliations and updates the online budget system. Prepares budget allocations and transfers and monitor operating budget. Communicates and collaborates with District office division and college budget managers regarding budget and position changes.
20% - Provides system-related support and assistance to budget system users, conducts ongoing testing for upgrades and functional setups for the Maricopa Planning and Budgeting (MPB)/Hyperion system, provides system training for authorized users; maintains and updates MPB manual.
15% - Develops and prepares budget schedules and reports; performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Economics, or Statistics and four (4) years of experience providing advanced professional financial analysis and support function in the area of budgeting or finance.
Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Economics, or Statistics and six (6) years of experience providing advanced professional financial analysis and support function in the area of budgeting or finance.
High school diploma or GED and eight (8) years of experience providing advanced professional financial analysis and support function in the area of budgeting or finance.
A. Master's degree in business administration, public administration, or related fields.
B. Experience with PeopleSoft ERP (Financial and Human Resource System), Hyperion Budgeting, and extracting data from these systems.
C. Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel (Pivot, Vlookup), Word, and PowerPoint.
D. Experience in higher education or public institution environments.
Special Working Conditions
May require occasional evenings or weekends.
May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen.
May be required to lift or carry up to 25 lbs.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume showing how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment, to include Adjunct or Associate Professor (must include number of hours worked, contact hours or load)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit (please use the apply button below)
Maricopa Community Colleges District Office
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Maricopa Community Colleges District Office