Perform radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of injuries and disease. In addition to x-ray tech duties, this position may also serve as a medical receptionist.
· Greet patient, ensure patient has removed all jewelry and metal objects, is wearing the appropriate medical gown and is not pregnant.
· Prepare and position the patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
· Adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of the body as requested by the physician.
· Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
· Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
· Ensuring compliance with approved radiology techniques and all policies and procedures.
· Prepare images for reading by physician as well as for remote reading radiologists.
· Perform routine maintenance, diagnose malfunctions, and make minor repairs on equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
· Complete forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
· Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
· Serve as Medical Receptionist if/when needed
· Adapt to change in work environment, manage competing demands
· Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations.