The sewing machine mechanic is responsible for conducting sewing machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and performing preventive maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
- Sets up equipment and verifies correct process setting per procedures or Tech Packs
- Maintains logs and records of each repair to equipment to allow tracking and learning to prevent and minimize unscheduled equipment downtime
- Conducts preventative maintenance on defined schedules of all plant equipment.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Inspects the machines of the sewing lines regularly to assure that the sewing machines function correctly.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Complies with OSHA Safety and Health rules
- Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
- Makes and keeps an inventory list of all parts and tools in the shop.
- Maintain communication with Sewers to ensure awareness of any issues related to the equipment.
- Must update Log Sheet for thread removed from warehouse immediately.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Performs other related duties as required and or assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or its equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in an industrial sewing operation is preferred.
- Must read, write and understand basic English.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
*The Marena Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer*