To assist the banquet department with the coordination and service delivery of food and beverage experiences to our guests.
1. Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the banquet bar prior to event including requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers, condiments, and produce based on projection based on event order functions sheet.
2. Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, proper storing and labeling of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to ensure product quality.
3. Greet Guests in a courteous and friendly manner and promote and document orders for drinks.
4. Mix, garnish, and present drinks using provided ingredient recipes and practice prudent portion control.
5. Input orders into the Point of Sale System and/or banquet consumption report to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
6. Maintain glassware inventory, and ensure cleanliness, which may include the shining of glassware.
7. Maintain condition and cleanliness of bar and Guest areas throughout shift.
8. Assist and provide service to all Guests in attendance at hotel and hotel function.
9. Assist with service of tables, if needed.
10. Receive cash from Guests, make any change needed, verify validity of charges, record charges, and insure vouchers are properly executed in order to balance all income.
11. Maintain service bar for servers, if applicable.
12. Lock up and store all beverages, food, and other equipment items.
13. Deposit cash drops, secure bank with complete compliance of the balance and full income required, in addition to consumption reports.
14. Perform general cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
15. Must adhere to all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
16. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested e.g., special Guest and supervisor requests.
17. Suggest drink offerings based on event order detail requirements.
18. Handle guest requests or coordinate additional assistance from supervisor or manager.
19. Communicate frequently with captains, supervisors and managers.
20. Maintain condition and cleanliness of banquet rooms, public areas, and storage areas.
21. Maintain inventory of necessary supplies.
22. Promote excellent guest/associate rapport by responding and completing all requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
23. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Hilton Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
24. Attend all scheduled mandatory Banquet Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
25. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. 1-2 years of bartending experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
2. Must have basic knowledge of beverage preparation, spirits, wine and beer.
3. Must be able to recite trendy liquors, create new drinks, and have a good understanding of wine.
4. Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 30 lbs.
5. Must be able to carry multiple drinks at once.
6. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
7. Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets, and vouchers.
8. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnishes, pick up glassware and bottles, use a corkscrew, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
9. Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
10. Ability to operate a keyboard and perform point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
11. Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
12. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests, handling multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
13. Ability to obtain and maintain an active Oklahoma Liquor License as well as any additional training / certification requirements per Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and the State of Oklahoma and/or Oklahoma County.
14. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
15. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
16. Ability to stand and move throughout continuously to perform essential job functions.
17. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
18. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
19. Must have a flexible schedule, which includes days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At the Skirvin Hilton, we offer the following great benefits
* Competitive Wages
* Insurance benefits to our associates after 90 days of full-time employment
* Room discounts
* Complimentary meals in our employee cafeteria daily/nightly
The Skirvin Hilton is a Drug Free Workplace.
All candidates must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.