Marcum Search Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: 26 days ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Boutique law firm has a need for a stellar Litigation Paralegal in their Down town Los Angeles office (remote for now). The Litigation Paralegal will work with other paralegals and support a team of lawyers. The Litigation Paralegal will assist with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in the discovery and litigation process, including the day-to-day case management, preparing and monitoring calendar deadlines, and assisting with all aspects of pre-trial and trial preparation. The Litigation Paralegal should be comfortable supervising trial teams with minimal guidance and supervision.
Responsibilities for Litigation Paralegal:
• Performs trial preparation and provides trial support.
• Assists with fact research and deposition preparation.
• Proofreads and cite checks documents.
• Assists with court filings.
• Monitors and maintains multiple document repositories.
• Mentors and trains the litigation support clerks.
• Performs all aspects of discovery including responding to e-discovery responses and propounding discovery.
Requirements for Litigation Paralegal:
• 5+ years of experience working in a complex civil litigation practice.
• Bachelor’s degree with signed declaration or paralegal certificate.
• Knowledge of state and federal court rules.
• Experience preparing for and attending trials/arbitrations/hearings.
• Experience coordinating trial/arbitration logistics, including negotiating for war room spaces, and coordinating with vendors.
• Experience utilizing applicable litigation support software (e.g. Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, Pacer, Case Notebook).
• Experience using e-discovery review platforms, particularly Relativity.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and all Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to travel to, and provide support at, off-site trials and arbitrations.
• Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
For confidential and professional consideration please submit a Microsoft Word version of your resume to Sharon.Sognalian@marcumsearch.com
Marcum Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum Search does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Marcum SearchWhy Work Here?
Marcum Search LLC, the Talent Advisory arm of the Marcum Group, is a national, full-service talent solutions company.
Marcum Search LLC is the Talent Advisory arm of the Marcum Group, providing talent solutions on a national basis. Our permanent division offers contingency, contained and retained searches, and our temporary division is available for short and long term staffing resources. We have Birkman Certified specialists on staff for organizational behavioral assessments, and we can assist with payrolling services. Contact us for more information on how we can help you.
AddressLos Angeles, CA