Marcum Search LLC offers premier professional recruiting services. Building on Marcum Group's personalized approach to accounting and financial services, the members of our in-house recruiting team have our clients' best interests in mind. Our customized process allows us to better understand the specific needs and objectives of clients and candidates alike. Our professional recruiters recognize the importance of working closely with companies and prospective candidates to ensure the perfect match. Each member of our leadership team has senior-level, industry-specific credentials and experience. It is our mission to find the people who possess the precise skill set and qualifications that companies seek.
We are currently assisting our law firm client in their search for a Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have experience within a law firm environment.
The primary role of the Chief Financial Officer is to manage the company’s finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, and financial reporting. This is a leadership role in financial decision-making that will provide strategic financial input to senior management. While keenly overseeing accounting process, the successful CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the firm. This position oversees the accounting department while setting and tracking financial goals, objectives and budgets.
- Execute the financial strategy of the firm
- Assist with high level decisions about policy and strategy in relation to finances and accounting policies and procedures
- Manages firm’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Review/Analyze financial reports and provides advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed while monitoring compliance with laws and regulations
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the firm
- Monitor expenditures and costs
- Work collaboratively with CEO, COO and management team to develop strategic plans
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for firm’s operations
- Supervise all accounting personnel, including liens department
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required in conjunction with outside accountant
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and financial plans
- Work collaboratively with COO to develop and enforce monthly and annual budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (advanced degree/MBA or Master of Science in Finance/Accounting strongly preferred)
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position preferred
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
- Extensive experience in a senior management finance/accounting position
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, in addition to general finance and budgeting
- Experience with budget development and management
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make sound business decisions
- Ability to inspire and create trust/cohesive team
- Ability to work well under pressure, pan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with various levels within the organization and externally within the market
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and financial management software
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills required
- Must be detail-oriented
- Proactive and flexible approach and willingness to adjust to changing priorities
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Marcum Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marcum Search does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Headquartered in New York City, Marcum provides a full spectrum of traditional tax, accounting, and assurance services; advisory, valuation, and litigation support; managed accounting services; and an extensive portfolio of specialty and niche industry practices. The Firm serves both privately held and publicly registered companies, as well as nonprofit and social sector entities, high net worth individuals, private equity funds, and hedge funds, with a focus on middle-market companies and closely held family businesses. Marcum is a member of the Marcum Group, an organization providing a comprehensive array of professional services.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law