Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the United States. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum LLP offers the resources of over 2,100 professionals, including more than 240 partners, in 32 full-service offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., Grand Cayman, Ireland and China.
We are currently searching for an Accounting Associate for our Outsourced Accounting Group.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparing client financial statements, monthly sales tax and payroll reports, quarterly payroll reports, and other associated bookkeeping services.
- Prepare bank reconciliation using client data.
- Input/import client data into firm accounting software.
- Prepare/input appropriate journal entries.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepare appropriate client sales tax reports using client data.
- Prepare client payroll
- Prepare appropriate client payroll report/deposits using client data.
- Assist clients with questions about accounting transactions in QuickBooks.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Education & Experience Required:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting required
- Work experience in public accounting, with strong payroll experience required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Online is preferred. QuickBooks certification highly desirable.
- Attention to detail, and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong time management and administrative skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; able to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible.
- Ability to operate independently and “self-manage” projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.