If you are interested, please let us know your work availability and describe why you would like to work with us. Must have open availability: 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Mon - Sun. Wages start at $14 per hour + tips and a 30% employee discount. Must be 21 or older.
March & Ash, Inc in San Diego, CA is looking for one cannabis concierge to join our 80 person strong team. We are located on 2835 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, and engaged.
We're seeking a Cannabis Concierge to deliver the highest level of customer service in the licensed dispensary industry. Job duties include:
- Greet customers, listen for customer's needs, recommend, select and help locate the right products.
- Educate the customer by describing a product's features and benefits, demonstrate use and operation of the product.
- Answer customer queries regarding the store and the merchandise make suggestions and encourage questions.
- Receive and process cash transactions in POS system.
- Stay current with sales prices, discounts, specials, and PAD demonstrations.
- Recognize and monitor security issues and loss prevention.
- Arrange and display merchandise according to protocol, ensuring the newest product is behind older product (first in, first out by checking expiration dates.)
- Ensure merchandise area is neat, organized and clean.
- Take stock inventory as requested.
- Be enthusiastic, personable, and build rapport with the customer. Introduce yourself and use their name often during your interaction
- Educate the customer regarding the benefits of cannabis, sales happen organically as a result, education is more important than a sale.
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
- Actively educate yourself about the cannabis and the industry.
- Give each customer your full attention, and listen.
- Continual roam the shop to ensure all customers are taken care of.
- Punctual and consistent shift attendance.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Initiative - Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision; and creates novel solutions to problems.
- Communication - speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation; states own opinions clearly and concisely; demonstrates openness and honesty; listens well; asks others for their opinions and feedback; asks questions to ensure understanding; exercises a professional approach with others; uses consideration and tact when offering opinions.
- Teamwork - works harmoniously with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures; able to work well with co-workers, peers and managers; helps to set a tone of cooperation within the work group and across groups; seeks opinions; values working relationships.
- Dependability - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards of excellence, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Product Knowledge - Knows and is able to educate customers on all of our products including understanding their features, benefits, and providing guidance on safe usage.
- Attitude - Displaying a positive demeanor that influences positive choice of actions, responses to challenges, responses to co-workers, management, and customers. As opposed to negative, uncooperative behavior; or acting in a resentful or antagonistic manner,
- Attendance & Punctuality - schedule adherence, clocking in on-time at the beginning of shift, on breaks, meal periods and end of shift.
March and Ash is a customer-focused cannabis establishment that believes everyone deserves a comfortable and confident cannabis experience. We have recently opened this fall and with business booming everyday we will be selecting skilled, enthusiastic, and team-oriented applicants that bring a customer-first approach to the role of Cannabis Concierges.
We value past experience in the cannabis industry, or alternatively in medical, hospitality, or retail industries. Management in similar customer-centric industries is also acceptable. As a new business, we’re excited to offer great growth potential within the company and invite those who truly want to flourish within the cannabis industry to join our team.
- High school education or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of cannabis and at a minimum of 2 years sales experience.
- 21 Years or older
- Experience using point-of-sale systems
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must pass background check
- Punctual and consistent shift attendance.
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Language: English (required) Spanish (encouraged, but not required)
- Compensation: $13-$15 / Hour
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $14.00 - $15.00/hour.
About March & Ash, Inc: March and Ash is a customer-focused, licensed cannabis dispensary. March and Ash offers recreational or medical cannabis needs with a selection of flower, vapes, concentrates, edibles, pre-rolls, clones and CBD. We believe that everyone deserves a comfortable and confident cannabis experience and we prioritize customer education, safety, and satisfaction. That’s why we have the most knowledgeable staff and the highest quality products in San Diego.We are open seven days a week, 365 days a year. We sophisticated shopping experience in our stores and a delivery service available to most of San Diego County and Imperial Valley.The March and Ash brand is an expression of our ethos; the culture and beliefs that guide our company. Cannabis, for all its curative and positive potential, is too often characterized as part of society’s counterculture. We want to challenge that presumption.Cannabis helps millions of Americans lead happier, healthier, and more productive lives. Teachers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, artists, mothers, grandfathers, patients, and yes, even man’s best friend, are leading better lives by using cannabis responsibly.We believe that with proper education and respect, cannabis can serve its positive and productive purpose: to improve everyday lives.March, in the Roman calendar, is the first month of the year. This is because it comes when spring brings us a new season of life. March signifies the beginning in life. Ash is what remains of a life once lived, used to fertilize new beginnings. March and Ash represents a respect for the span of our lives, and the role cannabis plays to improve and renew it.We are looking for individuals who are smart, polished,honest, love coming to work, and are focused on doing their best every single day. Learn more about us at www.marchandash.com.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.