STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Manufacturing)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field or equal experience.
- 2 - 5 years experience in Accounts Receivable and General Accounting experience.
- 3 - 5 years experience in manufacturing environment.
SUMMARY: Generate and send invoices; Balance daily sales to the general ledger; Follow up on, collect and allocate payments; Prepare, review and send out monthly customer statements; Responsible for journal entries/general ledger account reconciliations and fixed asset; Assist with year-end audit; Assist with federal, state, and local tax reporting/filing.
1.Generate and send out invoices
1.1 Weekly billing of consignment usage through sales download.
1.2 Prattville plant: daily (as needed) process delivery notes and mail or email invoices to customer.
1.3 FSA Direct Shipments: as needed invoice direct shipments from corporate to customers.
1.4 2nd location: process the billing of shipments made from this third party location.
2.Balance daily sales to the general ledger and submit sales report to logistics, sales & customer service. Maintain control sheets to assure all billing is completed in a timely manner.
3.Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
3.1 Monitor customer account details and advise management of overdue accounts and charge for non-payments.
3.2 Receive and process payments to customer accounts. Follow up on all payment discrepancies with customers. If original billing is incorrect, issue proper billing to correct sales.
3.3 Investigate and resolve customer inquiries.
3.4 Make journal entries for miscellaneous cash receipts not related to customer sales.
4.Process adjustments: process credit memos when needed for returns or other pricing or shipping discrepancies.
5.Assist with Month-end closing - Reconcile Customer Accounts Receivable Aging to the General Ledger, assure all delivery notes have been invoiced and calculate and book allowance for doubtful accounts. Reconcile and analyze other general ledger accounts as assigned.
6.Process monthly Sales and Use tax returns for State, County & City and file returns for previous month by the 20th.
7.Process annually Prattville City Business Taxes, 1099’s and annual reports for some states.
8.Review price changes and confirm that the changes have been entered accurately in SAP B1.
9.Process monthly customer rebates.
10.Process monthly commissions received from other company units.
11.Send monthly statements to all customers.
12.Maintain fixed assets, book deprecation and reconcile balances to the general ledger
13.Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS/EQUIPMENT OPERATIONS REQUIREMENT
Able to lift up to 25 pounds, as the need to lift and move filing boxes and other small- and medium-sized packages will occasionally arise.
Able to sit for long periods of time
TECHNICAL SKILLS: (* preferred)
- General Accounting *
- Accounts Receivable & General Bookkeeping *
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel *
- Proficiency using Microsoft Power Point
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Teamwork: The ability to work on a team, to establish relationships to achieve common objectives, to show empathy, to respect different ideas, to share information and responsibilities, to maintain a professional and collaborative attitude, to share successes and failures, to grow along with the team, to achieve organizational goals.
- Communication: The ability to give attention to people and their ideas and opinions; to realize, understand and analyze other viewpoints in an empathetic way, to know how to convey ideas in a clear, consistent, objective and structured way, in writing or in speech, to know how to pass the information to individuals and groups while respecting the reality of the receiver and making sure the information is understood.
- Customer Orientation: The ability to attend to internal and external customers, to act with agility, to be empathetic through an open and transparent communication, to implement appropriate solutions for the customers, to prioritize their needs and expectation.
- Planning: The ability to prepare and implement plans and projects while creating or following effective methods, to develop a realistic timeline to completion, to establish priorities, to define measurable and tangibles goals according to performance criteria, to evaluate conditions and propose changes if necessary.
- Organization: The ability to perform tasks in a disciplined manner, to prioritize and systematize work activities, to determine what methods that will facilitate the delivery of the expected results within the defined timeline.
Great company, competitive starting salary plus benefits!
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TODAY!