Front-End .NET Web Developer Contractor
Marcel Digital is an award winning digital marketing and web development agency established in 2003 and located in the River North area of Chicago. We have cultivated a family of A Players and we work hard to maintain and grow our strong culture. We extend these expectations to our contractor / freelance relationships.
We are looking to add one "A Player" as a 1099 contractor in the role of Front-End .NET Web Developer to assist on a continuing basis.Position Summary:
As a Contractor Front-End Web Developer at Marcel Digital you will lead full life cycle, front-end development for custom, CMS, and e-commerce driven websites. This position may be performed remotely but only within the U.S. borders.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain client websites including front development, working with design teams.
- Expert in web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize web application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Familiar with the ASP.NET MVC stack (Umbraco a huge plus).
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Familiar with Gulp, Grunt.
- Familiar with the basics of Google Analytics and Tag Manager.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration.
- Use Git to manage and collaborate on source code.
- Work in agile processes on small teams and individually.
- Ability to refactor new and existing code.
- Stay ahead of technology curve by following web development trends and news and prototyping new functionalities and attaining appropriate certifications.
- Work with client teams and internal account teams to gather requirements for tasks and projects.
- Recommend technical, usability, performance or process improvements that will contribute to achieving clients’ business goals.
- Ensure cross browser compatibility and usage on mobile devices (responsive, mobile first).
- Test websites and services using manual as well as automated methods.
- Implement on-site SEO recommendations and Google Analytics customizations.
- Collaborate with sales and account teams to evaluate clients’ websites to understand online goals, challenges and objectives.
- Provide estimates for development projects and tasks.
Minimum Skills and Abilities:
BS in Computer Science OR comparable discipline OR demonstration of equivalent self-taught knowledge.
3-5+ years experience as a front end web developer.
Experience in digital marketing industry is a plus.
Experience in agile teams is a plus.
Good understanding of design patterns is a plus.