This opportunity will require relocation to Salem, OR. We will offer assistance for the right candidate.
Summary: The Vice President of Operations directs and coordinates activities of following departments; Tank Wagon, Lubricants, Truck & Trailer, Cardlock and Maintenance. This position is an integral part of aiding the management staff in formulating and administering organization policies, objectives and planning by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business profitability and growth objectives.
- Oversees daily operations of the company and the work of the management staff.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Reviews and supports departments to oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth.
- Reviews and approves preparation of budgetary planning and implementation, budgetary planning and requests for capital expenditures.
- Leads employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluates performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Provides leadership to subordinates so that they might take more initiative in their roles.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value.
- Ensures the Company is complaint with industry standard and regulatory agencies.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Minimum of five (5) years previous petroleum transportation operations experience.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Exceptional ability to work independently.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, including strong ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at one time.
- Ability to align behaviors, organizational design, compensation, and goals across departments and agree on the mission, vision, and values of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
BA/BS or MBA. A minimum of 5 years experience in Operations.
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms;
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.