Desktop Support Technician
Marathon TS Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marathon TS is seeking Tier 2 Desktop Support Techs to support DOJ in Washington, DC.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in IT or closely related field.
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in support of desk side services with specific focus on supporting executive VP\VIP levels and their assistants.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain Position of Trust / Moderate Risk Background Investigation
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional - currently: MDA-100), and CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Management Console tools, specifically Active Directory (AD) for user and computers, thin client, terminal services and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VMWare VDI).
- Must be self-motivated to learn and sharpen technology knowledge and skills along with business processes.
- Experience preferred of VMWare, VOIP, Ticket tracking system, and Office 365.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, phone etiquette, keyboarding skills, data entry skills, people skills, customer focused and service oriented, attentive to details, act with professionalism, able to multi-task.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment with little supervision.
- Provide 2nd level escalation support to the Tier 1 Help Desk.
- Provide remote and on-site troubleshooting for hardware and software support.
- Resolve Call Center Tech Support tickets and provide desk-side support to the rest of the client's customers.
- Install, monitor, troubleshoot, replace, and support, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), end user equipment (terminals, printers/printer consumables, Multi-function devices/multi-function device consumables, mobile devices, VTCs, scanners, VOIP phones, thin-clients, etc.), local and wide area networks, data storage systems, Active Directory, and other third-party software.
- Document Incidents and Work Orders with detailed break-fix steps and resolution in ticket tracking system.
- Work with VIPs, providing a "white glove” service where necessary.
- Monitor and update all incidents and requests, including calls assigned to external suppliers/vendors.
- Reassign or escalate incidents and requests to appropriate support level, third parties or other teams where appropriate level of discussion of issues with colleagues will be conducted.
- Track all work, inventory, and projects using a ticketing system
- Provide assistance and participate on new project(s) testing and deployment/delivery.
- Travel to all client sites in the Washington, DC National Capitol Region as needed for break/fix tickets.
- Work with vendors as it pertains to software and hardware troubleshooting, repair, replacement and personnel escort.
- Participate in project deployment.
- Provide input and update knowledge base as necessary.
- Coordinate the logistics of and conduct the movement of assets and equipment to various client's facilities when needed.
- Maintain an organized resource/hardware furnished storage room(s).
- Document, update and close tickets according to defined service level agreement requirements.
TechnologyView all jobs at Marathon TS