Maintenance Mechanic (Carlsbad, NM)
Marathon Petroleum Carlsbad, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
- Provides maintenance support for assigned assets such as, but not limited to, natural gas processing plants, pipelines, compressor stations. Assets typically consist of site, site structures, buildings and industrial equipment which varies by asset’s functionality.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance and repairs on facility-specific equipment.
- Conducts condition monitoring with performance assessment software. Reviews diagnostics to understand current health of equipment.
- Assists with equipment re-builds.
- Supports asset’s air quality monitoring program by maintaining and repairing leaking equipment such as, but not limited to, valves, pumps and connectors.
- Maintains complete, accurate and regulatory-compliant documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Develops experience with software package with multiple maintenance functionalities such as equipment data management, preventative maintenance, work order system, scheduling planning, inventory control, asset tracking.
- Equipment Maintenance Develops knowledge of and ability to perform asset-specific preventative and predictive maintenance to assure equipment operation at acceptable performance levels.
- Mechanical Aptitude Develops ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles such as, but not limited to, sounds, heat conduction, velocity, gravity, friction, pressure, kinetic and potential energy, etc. when working or using mechanical machinery.
- Repairing Develops knowledge of and ability to repair machines, devices and equipment based on electrical and/or mechanical principles to diagnose malfunctions. Conducts tests and inspections to evaluate quality or performance. Watches gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure machine/device/equipment is working properly. Able to read, interpret and engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Safety Applies in difficult or complex situations ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats
created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
Marathon PetroleumWhy Work Here?
Awesome team, great benefits, and room for growth!
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
5217 Sierra VistaCarlsbad, NM