This mechanic position provides daily preventative and corrective maintenance on our fleet of transports and trailers. This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of our crude oil transport fleet in our Bloomington location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair crude oil transport trucks, tankers and semi-trailers.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned vehicles and/or equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air filter changes, power steering service, suspension system service, PTO’s, locking rear-ends, Roper pumps, brakes, wheel bearings and hubs, electrical system service and miscellaneous maintenance activities as needed.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils, lubricants, shop supplies.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker certifications, inspections, and documentation.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs on fleet vehicles.
- Perform tire changes.
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work performed on transport vehicles.
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all DOT requirements.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2-year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years of a professional mechanic or technician experience related to diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple and LCV (Long Combination Vehicle) endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly desired.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance for all vehicles including braking systems and hydraulic and air systems for tractors and trailers.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
Why Work Here?At Marathon Petroleum, our employees share an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence that sets us apart from other companies in our industry. Our leaders welcome new ideas, encourage diverse perspectives and foster a collaborative team environment designed to optimize business performance while enhancing individual skills. Our High-Performing Culture is demonstrated daily by employees, both inside and outside the office.
Awesome team, great benefits, and room for growth!