Location Name: Texas City, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 2401 5th Avenue South, Texas City, TX, United States (US), 77590
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Grade level determination for this role will be commensurate with experience, etc. (may be below the minimum or above maximum grade levels listed)
This position reports to the Technical Services Process Control Group (PCG) Control Systems Support Coordinator with responsibility for implementing and maintaining control systems for the Galveston Bay Refinery. These systems include 4 different DCS systems (Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Ovation, ABB, Honeywell) and a variety of simplex, redundant and triplex PLCs. This person will interface with Reliability, DCS IT, Engineering and Maintenance resources for system design, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance. Additionally, this person will also lead or participate in system upgrades.
- Many systems managed by this role are high availability systems. Tasks on live systems need to be executed safely and performed with the lowest possible risk of interrupting the operation of the system. A basic understanding of system functions and criticality of the various system components to the safe operation of the process is required to manage these systems. Responsible for communicating with key stakeholders before during and after execution of tasks.
- Routinely monitor system health & maintain system performance through troubleshooting, guidance from vendor technical support, PM tasks and lifecycle plans.
- Identify and replace failed hardware components.
- Identify and manage availability of critical replacement parts.
- Evaluate and implement system reliability improvement opportunities.
- Manage system upgrades & coordinate resources, tasks and schedule to perform the work.
- Support project implementation and commissioning of new or expanded systems
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Instrument Technology (or higher, relevant education); relevant experience may substitute (with high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution).
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time indefinite basis without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum 5 years of control systems, PLC and/or instrumentation support experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Emerson DeltaV or Ovation DCS Systems
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) is a large-scale geographically-diversified and highly -integrated refining, marketing and midstream company. MPC is the nation's largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of more than 3 million barrels per calendar day in its 16-refinery system. MPC's high-quality, nationwide retail and marketing business includes approximately 3,900 company-owned and -operated stores and 7,800 branded locations. MPC owns the general partners of MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, two strong, customer-focused midstream master limited partnerships.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish . Right to Work Statement English or Spanish .