Location Address: 539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This position offers an excellent opportunity to provide business value for the Marketing organization by managing the delivery of new systems and application enhancements. The focus of this position is delivering software development projects, including in-house developed applications and third-party purchased solutions. The role works closely with business partners and IT peers to perform various levels of business analysis and project management tasks while adhering to MPC’s IT project management and solution delivery standards. The successful candidate will be familiar with the MPC IT project management standard, MPMP phases and processes, the Work Product Management framework, as well as Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies. Business analysis experience and PMP certification are a plus.
- Execute projects and deliver solutions in accordance with IT project management standards, system development lifecycle guidelines, and applicable IT standards & policies
- Create & manage project plans
- Define project costs, schedules and resource needs; Work with supervisor to allocate resources
- Deliver projects on time and on budget while fulfilling requirements
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project commitments
- Maintain appropriate level of reporting, including cadence meetings, risks, issues, etc.
- Lead issue identification and resolution, and escalate when necessary
- Monitor and manage scope, schedule, budget, and project risks
- Manage and deliver required documentation
- Foster partnerships with customers, stakeholders, and sponsors
- Work with third-party vendors and implementation partners
- Lead solution evaluation activities (in-house versus purchased)
- Deliver benefits identified by the project
- Evaluate and assess project performance and results
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3 or more years of IT project management experience
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies preferred
Strong written and verbal communication skills are imperative. Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills, consensus building, leadership capabilities, drive for results, and conflict resolution experience will contribute to success.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interests in two midstream companies, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, which own and operate gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: None
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant,click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details inEnglish or Spanish. Right to Work StatementEnglishorSpanish.