Location Name: Kenai, AK
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 54741 Tesoro Rd, Kenai, AK, United States (US), 99611
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Accounting Analyst/ Advanced Accounting Analyst (Position title dependent on experience level)
This position is expected to perform financial accounting and reporting functions as well as gain an understanding of refining operations. This individual will be involved in the preparation of the refinery's annual expense budgets, forecasting, and analysis of actual vs. budgeted expenditures. In addition to their routine financial accounting responsibilities they also may be involved in special projects and non-routine analysis. A motivated individual with strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills is essential.
This position will report to the Refinery Division Controller.
- Participate in monthly financial closeout activities. Prepare monthly financial entries to properly account for refinery expenses and other financial activity.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Participate in the development of refinery's annual expense budget and monthly updates, and the analysis of actual versus budgeted expenditures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and accounting systems, or financial applications as they arise.
- Assist in special projects as assigned and provide back-up for other accounting functions as required.
- Maintains records, accounts and ledgers pertaining to various phases of company activity; and prepares related schedules, statements and reports to analyze the results of activity.
- Depending upon the level of experience and expertise, may serve as a lead for other accounting personnel.
- Strong communication skills are required to effectively receive and distribute information to other accounting department personnel, operational department personnel, various levels of management, governmental agencies, and other MPC locations.
- Participates in creating and recommending new policies, methods, procedures and spreadsheets designed to improve accounting controls and efficiency.
- Proven analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel - creating/modifying spreadsheets, data cleansing, pivot tables & formulas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SAP, Right Angle and Microsoft Access is preferred
- Proven teamwork ability
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting Required
- Minimum 6 years of related experience
- CPA preferred
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interests in two midstream companies, MPLX LP and Andeavor Logistics LP, which own and operate gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish . Right to Work Statement English or Spanish .