Division: Retail Product Sales and Deposit Acquisitions
Reports To: CEO
Supervises: Tellers & Personal Banking Representatives sales and operations
Prior teller, head teller and customer service experience; experience in teller and deposit operations and/or prior service as an assistant branch office manager responsible for deposit operations compliance; experience in opening accounts, identifying customers and selling bank products; experience in supervision and management of tellers and customer service personnel.
This individual should have good understanding of Microsoft Office, core systems, and should also be knowledgeable of regulations pertaining to teller and new account operations, including customer identification procedures and indicia of suspicious activities. Needs to have a good understanding of cross-selling and marketing techniques, provide training for new accounts personnel and be able to create effective incentive programs that will promote bank deposit growth and greater staff efficiency.
Responsible for deposit acquisitions from existing customers and for directing the tellers and personal service representatives in doing the same by training and incenting them through the development of programs, in concert with the Business Development and Sales manager, designed to utilize their resources to attain the Department’s goals. This person shall review and develop bank products and enhance and improve existing products and add new products designed to attract new customers.
Trains new tellers and personal service representatives and teach them techniques needed to increase deposits used by customers and to explain these products to existing customers and new prospects both in person and by telephone and mail; and to occasionally make calls on customers outside of the Bank with them, as well as to make frequent calls on customers and prospects outside of the Bank alone.
Takes applications and prepares credit memoranda for the consumer and residential loan officer for consumer loans, residential loans and home equity loans and teaches supervised customer service staff to do the same until each is adequately trained and their productivity is
proven. Arrange for and lead customer service events at least quarterly each year to develop leads for and additional deposits and product sales.
Conduct and prepare agendas for monthly general staff meetings and include BSA training at each meeting and prepare and keep minutes of each meeting. The Branch Manager is responsible for insuring that customer identification is property determined and customer information is securely maintained. This manager is in charge of facilities security and maintenance, as well. This individual should be able to perform other duties that may be asked of by senior management and make a substantial contribution to deposit growth.
Administration and Sales
* Conduct and chair monthly training meetings for tellers and new accounts personnel and disseminate compliance information
* Maintain educational training levels required to properly train and supervise staff and the courses required including BSA and OFAC courses, and insure that supervised staff takes required BSA and OFAC courses and at least one course weekly in areas related to teller operations, customer relations and identification and relating to bank products and product sales.
* Test surveillance systems and cameras weekly to insure adequate data is being recorded and stored properly
* Conduct, coordinate agenda weekly sales meetings with lobby staff and prepare minutes of the same for review and approval by the president.
* Conduct, coordinate agenda with the president and BSA Officer and chair monthly general staff meetings and prepare minutes of the same for review and approval by the Operations Manager and the President.
* Take applications for consumer and residential loans and HELOCs for presentation to the loan department officer in charge of approving or recommending them for approval and train tellers to take such applications.
* Cross-train each supervised staff member in the department to proficiently operate as a teller when needed and conduct refresher training quarterly for each staff member previously trained. Provide reports of production performance, educational courses taken and those taken by staff and the cross-training proficiency levels for each supervised staff member quarterly for review by the President and the Board of Directors.
* Create and develop training and incentive programs for approval of President.
* Monitor the documentation of new accounts to insure that it is complete and accurate.
* Create probation end and annual performance reviews and recommend salaries and promotions for supervised subordinates and direct reports and sign off on reviews done by them.
* Review and assist in safekeeping and collections logs to insure accuracy and for timeliness in
completion of transactions.
* Respond to customer inquiries properly.
* Sign cashier’s checks.
* Assist in vault operations.
* Properly document accounts.
* Prepare, post and remove holiday notices and other required regulatory notices as needed.
* Inspect and maintain facilities in a first class condition and arrange for and obtain supervisor approval for the repair or replacement of furnishings and fixtures promptly when appropriate and necessary to maintain the required standards and accommodations.
* Make maintenance phone calls on existing customers and to deposit prospects with staff assistance weekly and contact all customers annually, at least.
* Prepare and send correspondence to customers thanking them for deposits made and to existing customers and prospects for new deposits with staff assistance promptly and maintain quotas established for Department and staff.
* Regularly change message on badges to introduce new products to customers at least twice monthly and make certain that tellers wear badges with their names above the message window.
* Complete assigned training and compliance testing in a timely manner
* Supervise and see that reporting subordinates complete assigned training and compliance testing as scheduled and required.
Supervision and Training:
Train, and supervise, tellers and personal bankers:
* To open new accounts.
* To assist in marketing activities and product offerings to insure that they are correctly presented and meet the Bank's standards.
* To understand to be aware of applicable regulations and effective marketing of the Bank's services.
* To assist in vault services and with tasks required of the manager and other department personnel.
* To assist manager in reaching goals by making daily telephone calls and writing letters to customers thanking them for their deposits and for banking with MIB and asking for referrals.
* To understand the Bank’s products and how to present additional bank products to customers visiting the lobby in order to improve the Bank’s earnings.
* To greet customers by name and to check for existing photographs before initiating a transaction to insure that each customer’s photo is taken if not already recorded.
* To wear badges and suggest the message product to every customer assisted.
* Provide staff assistance to the Deposit Operations Department in statement rendering as needed and have tellers post and deliver statements to the courier when possible.
* Provide an adequate number of tellers and other platform personnel at all times to assist customers with deposits and accounts.
* Prepare and coordinate Branch closing schedule and review and republish it quarterly.
* Update CD rates weekly on the Bank’s system.
* To call and notify NSF customers of need to correct balances