Per Diem Medical Assistant
Marathon Health is seeking a Per Diem Medical Assistant (MA) who has knowledge and experience in primary care and preventative services to treat and work with employees and thier families (ages 2+) at our on-site corporate health and wellness center in Overland Park, KS.
This is a per diem position filling in for our MAs when they request time off. We have 3 Health Centers in the area and offer competitive pay and a healthy work environment.
If you are a Medical Assistant who wants to work in a setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you! Join a health care organization where the emphasis is on health outcomes, not patient volume and billing.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE).
The Medical Assistant is responsible for supporting both the front and back office, including greeting and rooming patients, scheduling, answering phones, taking vitals, drawing blood, administering vaccines, and providing additional clinical support wherever needed. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the center’s staff is a key ingredient to success in this position.
- Minimum of 1 year of medical assistant experience (in addition to an externship)
- Medical Assistant Certification strongly preferred
- Phlebotomy/venipuncture and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience required
- Attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with patients and strong computer skills required
- You should want to work in an environment where health education and outreach is important to you and challenges you to make a difference