- $18 to $27 Hourly
- Medical , Dental
VETERINARY ASSISTANT/VETERINARY TECH AT THE MOST FUN PLACE YOU'LL EVER WORK!
FULL TIME OR PART TIME
JOB LOCATION: MAR VISTA (WEST LOS ANGELES)
Forward thinking small hospital with a family feeling vibe seeks responsible conscientious veterinary assistant or technician. Experience preferred but will train. Morning shift required (beginning at 7 AM). 4 day full time work week available. Health (if full time) and dental insurance, paid continuing education, bonus program, paid vacation (if full time) all included in benefit package. Salary competitive but based on experience.
We are a busy yet warm (office politics Not Allowed at all) single veterinarian dog and cat practice in the West Los Angeles/Mar Vista area open seven days a week. We have a vaccination clinic every Sunday when the pandemic is over, and offer surgery with a board-certified surgeon, mobile ultrasound, chiropractic, digital radiography, pet boarding, dentistry, and hospitalization. The hospital owner is ABVP board certified in Canine and Feline Practice. Our work environment is friendly, close-knit, and as family-like.
There is a mandatory Saturday afternoon staff meeting once a month. But it's fun!
The person we are looking for is committed to the welfare and comfort of our animal companion patients and service to our clients. We want someone with a strong sense of excellence and desire to improve skills and abilities. Cheerful/friendly personality, punctuality, communication skills, team-player attitude, and strong work ethic are required. Spanish speaker is an extra plus.
The candidate should be comfortable with cleaning duties and basic animal comfort and safety. The candidate should be able to lift at least 40 lbs. Basic math skills are helpful (determining fluid drip rates etc.). Desired skills for technician include:
- Collecting urine and blood samples from animal patients
- Administering medications and performing medical treatments such as giving injections, pills, eye drops, cleaning ears, managing wounds.
- Use of in-house laboratory equipment (IDEXX, i-stat).
- Proper restraint of animal patients for radiography, radiology safety, and use of computerized radiology equipment.
- Bathing dogs and cats.
- Comfortable monitoring general anesthesia and using monitoring equipment/anesthesia machine.
- Comfortable with teeth cleaning equipment (hand-held, ultrasonic and air-driven)
- Proper cleaning, packaging and sterilization of surgical instruments.
- Proper maintenance of anesthesia and patient support equipment.
- Verbal communication skills with teaching pet owners how to perform treatments at home, discuss flea products and therapeutic diets.
This is an excellent pleasant working place opportunity for the right person. Our hiring process includes the candidate coming in to fill out an application in person. This not only affords us to gauge your interest but affords you the opportunity to experience your potential commute to our facility. After this, our process includes a “work interview” where the candidate spends several hours with the present technical staff and doctor to further determine if the fit is right. If you are interested in this position, (and why wouldn't you be) : ) please send us a resume and cover letter or come in person with these and fill out an application.
Because it is more fun, more professional, and MUCH LESS annoying than any job you have ever had!
Imagine no politics, and you are appreciated for your work... plus you get to have fun every day!
Mar Vista Animal Medical Center
3850 Grand View BlvdLos Angeles, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.