Mining Engineer II
- Posted: over a month ago
Maptek™ is the leading provider of innovative software, hardware and services for the global mining industry. We provide our clients with mine planning software, laser scanners, and professional services – both here in North America and throughout the world. We pride ourselves in being an exceptional place to work, which is supported by the high number of long term employees we have and the phenomenal growth we have experienced over the years.
Summary - Position may be located in Denver, CO or Elko, NV
The Maptek Mining Engineer engages in primary duties both locally and abroad: providing technical support, training, and consulting for Maptek products (with an emphasis on mine design and scheduling). Maptek’s collaborative environment requires that this position actively participates in staff meetings, makes customer driven suggestions to software engineers for product development and enhancement, and shares ideas and offers assistance to fellow staff across departments. Customer service is a key element differentiating Maptek from its competitors and this position shall ensure that clients are satisfied with all services provided.
The person in this role is expected to develop their talents and abilities to an extent that all requested duties and tasks shall be performed with some supervision. Engage daily in improving both Maptek product skills and the products themselves. The Maptek Engineer is expected to have some understanding of the following aspects of the mining industry and Vulcan software (or other equivalent software): open pit/underground - coal/industrial minerals and metals sectors. Experience in open pit/underground mine planning strongly preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote a customer focused attitude in all interactions.
- Provide excellent Technical Support, Training, and Consulting to customers.
- Staff shall take every step to ensure the customer feels that their experience with Maptek is a positive and productive one,
- Client support cases are solved, properly logged, and closed in a timely manner,
- Client’s product upgrade suggestions are logged,
- When given a new assignment, the employee shall seek resources to develop his/her skills to successfully complete the project, and/or be technically prepared to teach courses prior to training day through research, course material review, and practice,
- The project will be completed per the deadlines and specification provided in the quote,
- Status updates and variances in the quote/deadline will be communicated to Tech Services managers,
- Staff ensures dongles, licenses, computers, AV connections, remote set-up, and gifts are ready for training day as required,
- Clients are contacted ahead of training to discuss course outline, number of attendees, logistics, and what additional equipment is required for successful training.
- Turn in completed and accurate time sheets and expenses within one business day after billable project completion or otherwise-agreed-to project milestones.
- Test new versions of Maptek products.
- Gather customer feedback for the purpose offering suggestions on future product releases.
- Develop skills and knowledge in all Maptek products in addition to increasing Vulcan skills.
- Foster an environment of collaboration by engaging in teamwork and building relationships across departments.
- Work in a safe and professional manner.
- Respond to and courteously accept unexpected requests on behalf of management and other staff whenever possible.
- Accept direction, schedules, and assignments from Technical Services Managers.
- Report day-to-day activities to Technical Services Managers or Director when necessary.
- Mentor and train new staff, fellow technical services employees, and software developers.
- Travel up to 50% both nationally and internationally.
- Promote the services of the Denver Technical Services Department amongst existing Vulcan clientele through casual contacts and trade shows.
Qualifications and Skills
- Courteous and positive customer and personal service.
- Ability to speak in public and provide presentations before an audience.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Degree from an accredited engineering program.
- Demonstrates understanding of open pit and underground mining concepts.
- Practical mine planning experience preferred.
- Experience with Vulcan or other 3D modeling software, etc.
- Excellent written, speaking, and reading comprehension skills in the English language.
- Ability to get along well with a diverse group of people, attitudes, and expectations in local and international Maptek offices.
- Ability to use MS Office Suite and general office equipment.
- Ability to deal with multiple, competing demands and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Demonstrate social perceptiveness – understanding other’s reactions and how to deal with them.
- Frequent sitting, standing, typing, use of hands, travel on airplanes.
- Occasional: bending, reaching, confined spaces, lifting up to 50 lbs.
Summary of compensation and benefits:
Salary range: $70,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience and skills
Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with premiums paid by Maptek
401(k): Full company match on up to 10% of earnings
Life and disability coverage
Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
Powered by JazzHR
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Maptek