Registered Nurse - NEW Luxury Senior Living
Maplewood Senior Living New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opening in 2020!
Inspīr Senior Living, Maplewood Senior Living’s new brand of world-class, urban senior living properties, is now hiring Registered Nurses (RN) for its new Inspīr Carnegie Hill property. Set to open in 2020, Inspīr Carnegie Hill is located on the Upper East Side and stands 23 stories with 215 residential units. It will offer assisted living, enhanced care and memory care with a unique and innovative Integrated Care Model. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a brand-new development and care delivery model, the first of its kind in New York City!
At Inspīr, we are redefining senior living. We depend on our highly trained staff to carry out our philosophy of intentional living. This includes luxury accommodations, exceptional hospitality, cutting-edge technology, innovative wellness programs, and world-class care.
Hiring for full-time Registered Nurses (RN) on all shifts
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (full-time)
- Paid time-off
- Voluntary Aflac insurance
- 401k plan (full-time)
- Flexible shifts, and more
The Registered Nurse (RN) Role: A key member of the Integrated Care Team responsible for providing assessments, care coordination, direct nursing care, and supervision/mentoring of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and Home Health Aides (HHA).
- Provides outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors to the residence
- Coordinates and deliver nursing care to residents including but not limited to skilled assessment of chronic conditions, acute symptoms, illness or injury; catheter care, wound care, dressing changes, nebulizer treatments, ostomy care, and management of medical equipment; medication management including administration of oral medications, injections or PRN medications
- Supervises Integrated Care Team, including Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and Home Health Aides (HHA)
- Assists in supervising the medication management program and assist the residents with self-administration of medication
- Maintains positive collaborative relations with residents, families and provider partners
- Reports any significant incidents and/or changes in the resident’s condition to the Senior Director of Integrated Care (Director of Nursing), Primary Care Provider and family as indicated
- Supports the completion of resident assessments in the building and in the community and participate in the development of Individualized Service Plans
- Supports Directors in hiring staff and managing staff performance
- Attends and participates in orientation, scheduled in-service programs, training programs and staff meetings
- Assists with scheduling and staffing of Resident Care staff as needed
- Provides coaching and mentoring to Resident Care team members as needed
- Follows all emergency procedures
- Understands safety practices and procedures
- May perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to RN oversight of clinical staff when nursing leadership is not in the residence
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN), licensed to practice in the State of New York with one of the following:
- A baccalaureate degree in Nursing and a minimum of two (2) years of full-time, or the equivalent of full-time, clinical experience in nursing, at least one year of which shall be in a home health care agency or community health program that included care of older adults at home
- A diploma or associates degree in nursing and at least four (4) years of full-time, or the equivalent of full-time, clinical experience in nursing within the past ten (10) years, at least (1) year of which shall be in a home health care agency or community health program that included care of older adults at home
- Basic first aid and CPR certification
- Experience in assisted living or long term care setting preferred
- Experience and/or special interest working with seniors
- Must be able to actively communicate in English in all formats
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions in order to meet due dates and deadlines
- Required to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Required to work extended hours and to report to work during times of need including inclement weather and when building concerns arise
- Criminal background check required
How is the Inspīr experience truly brought to life? Our employees. We believe in order to foster a fulfilling experience for our residents, we must first do the same for those who build their careers here.
At Inspīr, we make sure you have an environment in which you can continually learn and grow. One that leaves you personally and professionally fulfilled.
Join our team today and take pride in the work that you do every day. Whether you work at one of our communities or in the home office, a career at Maplewood will be inspiring, vibrant and rewarding. With a robust culture and growing number of opportunities for the future, we are hiring quality individuals with integrity, accountability, a drive for excellence, and who demonstrate proactive thinking and are team players. If you exemplify our values and want to join our team, call or visit us today!
Immediate openings with flexible start date
Paid sick time
Bonus & incentive programs
Free direct deposit
Voluntary Aflac insurance
Comprehensive Benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time-off and a 401K plan for full-time employees