Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a devoted and caring Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our Nursing team. Maplewood at Mayflower Place Campus is Cape Cod’s only full service continuing care retirement community, located in West Yarmouth. We offer independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing & rehab.Maplewood at Mayflower Place Nursing & Rehab Center in West Yarmouth is seeking an Full-time Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse for a long term care (LTC) Unit Manager position, in a very busy long term care unit.
We offer: ✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible shifts ✦ Paid training & uniforms ✦ Growth opportunities ✦ Bonus & incentive programs ✦ Comprehensive benefits package for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, a 401K plan, paid time-off, life insurance policy, voluntary Aflac insurance and more!APPLY NOW , walk-in applications accepted daily 9am - 6pm or join us for open interviews every Thursday, 12pm - 4pm
Maplewood at Mayflower Nursing & Rehab Center, 579 Buck Island Rd, West Yarmouth, MA
The LTC Unit Manager, reporting to the Director of Nursing, has 24 hours accountability for ensuring quality care is provided to residents on the units. This will be accomplished by developing and maintaining systems, reviewing documentation, overseeing care and providing direction to all nursing staff and communicating with physicians and family members.
- Ensure that the needs of new admissions are identified and met in a timely manner by delegating tasks to ensure that initial assessments, interim care plan, admission orders obtained and transcribed – May delegate these tasks to self, other nurses, oncoming shifts as appropriate.
- Oversee that all residents receive care according to facility standards.
- Timely and effective communication relative to residents’ conditions.
- Establish and maintain open and positive contact with family.
- Facilitate staff growth and development and fostering a team approach and team spirit.
- Ensure that all items requiring formal documentation are adequately addressed including but not necessarily limited to residents incident/injury reports, staff injury reports, fire drill reports, unusual incidents.
- Confirm that any significant unusual events are reported to the Administrator and D.N.S. in a timely manner.
- Appropriate evaluation/treatment of injured staff.
- Certify that documentation in resident records is accurate, timely and complete.
- Ensure continuity on all shifts by communicating with supervisors, ream leaders and other shifts.
- Oversee unit to be sure it is a safe, sanitary environment.
- Make certain that facility policies and procedures are uniformly interpreted and enforced through ongoing participation in nursing leadership meetings, policy/procedure meetings, ethics meeting and others as scheduled.
- Must be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, currently licensed to practice in the State of Massachusetts.
- Two years full time or full time equivalent clinical experience.
- Experience in a supervisor or manager role.
- Experience and/or special interest working with older adults.
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.