Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, New England based premier senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking devoted and caring Housekeepers to become part of our family.Maplewood at Newtown is hiring Housekeeper Full-Time, Sunday-Thursday 10am-6pmWe offer: ✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible shifts ✦ Bonus & incentive programs ✦ Paid training & No-cost uniforms ✦ Growth opportunitiesAPPLY NOW, walk-in applications accepted 9am – 6pm or join us for our Open Interviews every Thursday, beginning at 10am. Maplewood at Newtown, 166 Mount Pleasant Rd. Newtown, CT - just minutes from Danbury!
The Housekeeper is responsible for keeping the community clean and safe for residents, families, associates and visitors. They are also responsible for cleaning resident apartments, common areas, residents’ personal laundry, as well as bed linens and towels.
- Clean resident apartments fully as assigned. Clean bathrooms completely, including toilet bowl, sinks, bathtubs/showers, counter tops, mirrors and sterilize floor. Clean kitchen area, including counters, under counters, mop kitchen. Dust all surfaces, while caring for residents belongings. Vacuum all exposed areas. Wash inside of windows.
- Clean all common areas, including but not limited to: halls, landings, stairs, activity areas, lobbies and model apartments. Ensure cleanliness of public restrooms.
- Clean vacant apartments as assigned.
- Maintain housekeeping and laundry carts at all times ensuring chemicals are properly secured.
- Wash & dry all laundry, including resident's personal laundry using appropriate products.
- Respond to requests as needed and address housekeeping related concerns as they arise.
- Complete monthly in-service education hours as required by state specific regulations and company policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
- Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
- Physically able to push and pull equipment and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.