Opening in 2020!
Home Health Aide (HHA) - NEW Luxury Senior Living in NYC!
Inspīr Senior Living, Maplewood Senior Living’s new brand of world-class, urban senior living properties, is now hiring Home Health Aides (HHA) for its new Inspīr Carnegie Hill property. Set to open in early 2020, Inspīr Carnegie Hill is located on the Upper East Side and stands 23 stories with 215 residential units. It will offer assisted living, enhanced care and memory care with a unique and innovative Integrated Care Model. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a brand-new development and care delivery model, the first of its kind in New York City!
At Inspīr, we are redefining senior living. We depend on our highly trained staff to carry out our philosophy of intentional living. This includes luxury accommodations, exceptional hospitality, cutting-edge technology, innovative wellness programs, and world-class care.
Inspīr Carnegie Hill, 1802 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10128
Hiring for Full-time and Part-time positions for Home Health Aides (HHA)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (full-time)
- Paid time-off
- Voluntary Aflac insurance
- 401k plan (full-time)
- Flexible shifts, and more
The Home Health Aide (HHA) Role: Is a key member of the Integrated Care Team who nurtures and supports residents by providing safe, effective and compassionate care, assistance and service as outlined on each resident’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP) within the scope of the Home Health Aide’s (HHA) training.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Collaborates with other members of the Integrated Care Team to ensure excellence in care and service delivery
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing/showering, dressing, grooming, eating, toileting, hygiene, mobility and continence management
- Assists resident with instrumental activities of daily living, including meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, telephone use and bed making
- Assists with resident technology, medical equipment, assistive devices, and supplies as needed
- Assists residents with self-administration of medication
- May accompany residents to hospitals, medical appointments and other destinations when necessary
- Encourages residents to participate in social and recreational activities as indicated or needed
- Assists with and participates in resident experience, life enrichment and lifestyle programs
- Maintains an awareness of each resident’s general state of physical and mental health and report any changes at once to the Nursing Supervisor on duty and/or General Manager
- Fills out records including but not limited to care logs, incident reports, monthly weight documentation and medication receipt logs
- Follows established protocol for accidents and incidents
- Assists residents in keeping apartments/units clean, neat and orderly
- Answers calls for assistance and attends to resident needs promptly
- Assists with meal selection, service and feeding as assigned
- Participates in on-going in-service and training programs
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a Home Health Aide (HHA) Certification Program approved by the Department of Health
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with and passion for working with seniors
- Experience working with a geriatric population in residential or home setting preferred
- Experience working with people with dementia
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with residents, their families, peers and other staff members
- Highly organized with efficient time management
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English in all formats
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting
- Be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Work well in stressful, high pressure situations and be able to maintain composure and objectivity
- Be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by residents and guests
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States. Criminal background check required.
How is the Inspīr experience truly brought to life? Our employees. We believe in order to foster a fulfilling experience for our residents, we must first do the same for those who build their careers here.
At Inspīr, we make sure you have an environment in which you can continually learn and grow. One that leaves you personally and professionally fulfilled.
Join our team today and take pride in the work that you do every day. Whether you work at one of our communities or in the home office, a career at Maplewood will be inspiring, vibrant and rewarding. With a robust culture and growing number of opportunities for the future, we are hiring quality individuals with integrity, accountability, a drive for excellence, and who demonstrate proactive thinking and are team players. If you exemplify our values and want to join our team, call or visit us today!
Immediate openings with flexible start date
Paid sick time
Bonus & incentive programs
Free direct deposit
Voluntary Aflac insurance
Comprehensive Benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time-off and a 401K plan for full-time employees
Maplewood Senior Living