Lifestyle Coordinator (Activities/Program Coordinator)
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good life” in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Per Diem Activities/Program (Lifestyle) Coordinator to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!Maplewood at Stony Hill is currently hiring a Part Time Activities/Program Coordinator .APPLY NOW or join us for open interviews every Wednesday 12:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.Maplewood Stony Hill, 46 Stony Hill RdBethel, CT 06801
The Lifestyle Coordinator will assist the Lifestyle Director with the development, coordination and implementation of all programs and ensuring programs are therapeutic to the residents and maximizes their quality of life. Maplewood Senior Living offers a full range of social, physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and purposeful programs to meet overall well-being of our residents. The Lifestyle Coordinator shall make every effort to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of all the residents.
- Must possess a passion for working with the senior population and improving their quality of life
- Provide outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Personable, reliable, great communicator and team player
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented
- Create a positive atmosphere with an engaging variety of activities
- Assist with the creation of a monthly calendar program calendar is designed and implemented based on resident’s interests & abilities.
- Plans, schedule, lead and monitor, recreational programs to meet the needs of all of our residents.
- Assist with coordination with transportation for outings and events outside of the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle
- Successfully worked within Lifestyle budgetary guidelines regarding entertainment, supplies, and labor hours
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events
- Requires an associate degree from an accredited college or university or satisfactory completion of two years of college, with a major work in recreation, occupational therapy, gerontology or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with an adult population
- Experience in an environment which focuses on dementia care, preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge: familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and creative software
- Driver requirements; valid driver’s license with good driving record. May be required to take a driving test
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks