Account Services Associate
- Posted: 25 days ago
The Account Services Associate is vital to the delivery of an exceptional client experience within the banking center environment. The Account Services Associate is a branch-based position with primary goal to assist, expand and retain client relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Handles a wide variety of transactions on multiple systems in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy
- Responsible for opening deposit accounts including obtaining required documentation
- Maintains responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures
- Provides excellent service by providing answers and assistance for clients' questions and concerns
- Cross-sells other bank services and refers clients to other departments as appropriate
- Reviews and maintains knowledge of products, fees and policies and stays current on offerings and is able to make product suggestions with assistance
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description
- Cultivate partnerships with other departments to obtain and provide appropriately qualified referrals
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate
- Partner with Digital Banking team to ensure coverage of client contact center
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of bank operations including a treasury services, private banking, retail banking, and commercial banking related environment
- Basic computer skills-ability to interact with clients using banking technology
- Organized; ability to manage time effectively and to multi-task
- Self-motivated, thorough, assertive, performs well in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to establish credibility and rapport, be friendly and personable and look for ways to benefit the client's financial relationship
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years previous banking center experience including cash handling and new account origination
- Knowledge of Bank operations including products and services, documentation, and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to break down problems, investigate root causes and identify timely resolutions
- Self-motivated to learn new processes and to adapt and thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- Maintain attention to the matter at hand with frequent interruptions during the day
- Available to work flexible hours
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in a high-stress environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills required
- Strong organizational and effective time management skills required
- Strong change management skills and ability to work at a consistently changing pace
Bank Culture/Customer Service Skills
Ability and judgment to interact and communicate appropriately with other employees, customers and supervisor. Ability to serve customers, both internal and external, (community/public) in a manner that will reflect superior customer relations and enhance the overall marketing effort of the Bank.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The Bank shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the Bank’s changing needs. This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the Bank’s sole discretion.
MapleMark Bank is committed to diversity and inclusion and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Drug Free worker environment
BusinessView all jobs at MapleMark Bank