Maple Media is looking for a Product Marketing Manager with experience in Mobile Games to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity for a performance centric marketer to work on and lead the marketing initiatives! This role will support the marketing team’s efforts on player acquisition campaigns, coordinate with marketing designers to come up with the next eye catching creative, and manage budgets and marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with a background in online advertising, specifically paid mobile app acquisition.
- Manage strategic initiatives for all areas of marketing including paid user acquisition (UA), cross promotion, app store optimization (ASO), social media campaigns, in-app sales, app store featuring proposals, push notification strategies and additional distribution strategies.
- Generate creative marketing campaign concepts that augment the core value of our products and educate / attract users to our apps
- Be the trusted voice in surfacing qualitative and quantitative customer insights to shape product direction, ensure product-market fit and scale adoption
- Analyze performance of all marketing programs (including ad spend) to identify the best opportunities for optimization, and regularly iterate to improve and maximize performance.
- Work closely with game teams to provide detailed marketing forecasts on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis.
- Promote product growth by leading cross-functional team discussions between Product, Strategy, User Acquisition, and other teams.
- Analyze performance and measure ROI of all marketing activations including UA, cross promo, ASO, and all other marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader creative experiences ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback, positioning and messaging
- Be a “marketing ambassador” between the central marketing teams and game teams. Ensure goals and incentives are aligned across all teams – focusing on the biggest opportunities for Maple Media.
- Help onboard new acquisitions and develop new marketing strategies for each mobile app & game company we acquire
- 3+ years of experience in marketing for mobile games or related field.
- High proficiency in owning ASO strategies and execution, including keyword optimizations, localizations, creative optimizations, and App Store description copywriting.
- High proficiency in developing UA and cross promo strategies.
- Experience running UA and advertising campaigns a plus, especially experience using self serve platforms including Apple Search Ads, Google Ads, Facebook Ads & mobile video networks
- Familiarity and experience with live operations and server side control of mobile products, via Firebase or other user lifecycle management tools
- Deep knowledge of the mobile marketing / tech stack, including push notifications, attribution, install tracking, analytics platforms, deeplinking & more
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative modeling skills.
- Experience in running A/B tests and deriving at actionable recommendations.
- Experience in project & calendar management and managing small scale projects.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills – effecting cross-functional driver.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to be flexible on a day to day basis with task priority.
- Previous start-up, games and/or social media experience is a strong plus - especially in mobile
- Strong influencing and leadership skills; effective cross-functional driver
- Ability to vet potential partners as first point of contact for Maple Media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills.
- Desire to be a part of an early stage team and work with urgency and high attention to detail in a startup environment
- A passion for mobile games, you check the app store daily and are always trying out new apps & games - we'll ask you to share some of your recent favorites
About Maple Media:
Founded in 2016, Maple Media is a Los Angeles and Quebec based mobile media, advertising and technology company that acquires, manages, and operates mobile apps and games. Maple Media's most popular apps include We Heart It, Tony Hawk's Skate Jam, Mazes & More, Puzzlerama, Snowboard Party, Skateboard Party, Blackjack 21 and Minesweeper Puzzle Bomb. Maple Media recently raised over $30M in funding from Shamrock Capital to continue to acquire new app companies and plans to rapidly grow in 2019. Maple Media is led by industry veterans from Google and Jam City.
If you think you're the right fit for the position, send me your resume and cover letter. Bonus points if you send me your favorite mobile app.