Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Research and write short- and long-form pieces for a broad range of retirement topics for a broad range of marketing, sales, and business initiatives.
- Researching, writing, and editing
- Deep understanding of retirement savings industry, along with the legislative, economic, and social forces that drive it
- Independently research insight and data used to develop or bolster written work
- Write first drafts across a wide variety of assignments, both short form and long form
- Write clear, persuasive arguments, supported by evidence
- Recognize and uphold the firm's brand voice in all written communications
- Utilize numerous technologies and software platforms to collaborate, write, and publish work in a fundamentally digital work environment
- Collaborate with product teams, internal and external sales, relationship management teams, legal, compliance, and other areas of the organization to complete assignments
- Collaborate with account executives, design, digital experience, production, and analytics to complete assignments
- Maintain a level of professionalism consistent with one of a leading retirement plan provider
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 5-10 years of retirement business writing experience preferred
- Experience working at a retirement plan provider, TPA, consultant firm, or advisory firm, industry-related news organization, or industry researcher required
- Passion for the retirement industry and a strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful researcher with strong information gathering and analytical skills
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Advanced related degrees a plus
- Industry licensing a plus
- Ability to interact successfully with product teams and senior executives
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.