Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
About John Hancock Investments
John Hancock Investments is a premier asset manager representing one of America's most trusted brands, with a heritage of financial stewardship dating back to 1862. Helping our shareholders pursue their financial goals is at the core of everything we do. The Boston-based mutual fund business unit of John Hancock Financial, John Hancock Investments manages open-end funds, closed-end funds, college savings assets, retirement plans and related party assets for individual and institutional investors.
About the Transfer Agency
The Transfer Agent (TA) is the record keeper for the John Hancock family of open-end mutual funds and provides operational oversight of their family of closed-end mutual funds. The TA collaborates with business partners to consistently add value, deliver service excellence, maintain diligent compliance and implement responsible and disciplined cost controls.
The Customer Service Representative staffs an incoming 800 telephone line, processing transactions, performing research and providing performance history for end clients and financial representatives. The CSR is the liaison between external partners and internal departments and business units for the research and resolution of client issues.
- Answer inbound calls: Provide information, conducts research, processes transactions and resolves problems for shareholders, brokers, registered representatives and industry business partners, as well as internal clients.
- Works in a team based environment with shared goals. Supports team targets, department metrics and the greater corporate mission statement.
- Maintains a positive, professional demeanor and supports an environment that values uncompromising excellence.
- Promptly answers customer inquiries in a manner that exhibits quality service.
- CSR must maintain a minimum internal call monitoring score, as well as meeting targets for Service Time, Accuracy and Attendance.
- Supports the department Service Level metrics by managing time effectively and remaining in "available" status when calls are in queue.
- Brings a service orientation that supports the field sales force in meeting their obligations to their clients. Serves a s a proactive liaison between shareowners and their representatives, keeping all stakeholders appropriately informed of service issues from discovery through resolution.
- Handles shareowner transaction requests in a manner that promotes the retention of assets while demonstrating the highest level of integrity in processing
- Maintains an updated knowledge of John Hancock Mutual Funds and develops an understanding of how market forces affect the funds. To maintain this base of knowledge, the CSR is expected to read product literature, industry periodicals and to participate in training opportunities.
- Maintains a current knowledge of John Hancock Mutual Fund policies and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to clearly communicate our policies, procedures and product features to our client base.
- Must seek continual evolution of personal communication skills, and must accept and incorporate feedback in a constructive manner
- Training will begin on September 30, 2019.
- Prior experience in a customer service role. Financial Industry experience a plus, but not required.
- BA / BS Degree or some Post Secondary completion preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite: E-Mail, basic Excel, basic Word.
This role has rotating shifts between 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm & 10am-6pm. Please ensure you are available for all shifts before applying. We are hiring a Training Class to begin on September 30, 2019. All new hires in Mutual Funds Customer Service Representative training must successfully complete and pass all tests administered during the 5 weeks of training.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.