Shuert Technologies is a global leader in the manufacturing. We are seeking a Thermoforming/Extrusion Manufacturing Supervisor to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
- Lead and coordinate department and plant operations, and Lead staff within company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Analyze and document processes and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Coordinate production start-ups, shutdowns, changeovers, and necessary maintenance.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and environmentally sound plant.
- Operate within standard operating procedures and complete job safety analysis.
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes or improvements.
- Responsible for department production goals.
- Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Promote awareness among employees regarding such issues as health, safety, environmental, quality, housekeeping and production through effective training and constant feedback.
- Assist staff to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems.
- Promote teamwork among employees and between shifts and departments.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and provide employee orientation.
- Train and coach employees.
- Establish employee goals.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedule and conduct department meetings and training.
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
- Productive communication with other Supervisors and Managers.
- Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, and shipping.
- Serve on committees and teams as department representative.
- Complete shift, personnel, departmental, and plant related paperwork.
- Monitor employee’s paperwork, machine cards, and time cards for completion and accuracy.
- Set standards for employees to follow through own work habits and actions.
- Assist in production as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work area temperatures in excess of 110+ degrees Fahrenheit.
- Continuous physical effort, regularly lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Requires bending, twisting, stooping, and lifting about 50% of the shift. All movements are repetitive motions with the upper body and extremities.
- Previous supervisory experience in thermoforming/extrusion production, manufacturing.
- Knowledge of production tools and equipment
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medical Insurance - 100% company paid - no monthly contribution from employee
- Short/Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401 K
We design, test, tool and produce high performance, lightweight products that set us apart from other providers. At the heart of our offering is a culture based on a passion for inventing products that offer novel solutions to customer challenges, in conjunction with a relentless focus on process innovation. This translates into the production of consistently high quality, affordably priced parts. Our vision is supported by our staff of approximately 250 skilled production workers, engineers, support staff and management team.
Why Work Here?Shuert Technologies is a global leader in the manufacture of reusable twin sheet thermoformed pallets and other innovative reusable packaging solutions. We apply our deep product development knowledge and production best practices to deliver superb products that offer increased transportation payload, improved ergonomics, reduced solid waste, and reduced carbon footprint. We design, test, tool and produce high performance, lightweight products that set us apart from other providers. At the heart of our offering is a culture based on a passion for inventing products that offer novel solutions to customer challenges, in conjunction with a relentless focus on process innovation. This translates into the production of consistently high quality, affordably priced parts. Our vision is supported by our staff of approximately 250 skilled production workers, engineers, support staff and management team.
Great Benefits, Room to advance and grow with company
Sterling Heights, MI