- $80,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
To supervise the production department with responsibility for product quality, cost management, safety, compliance, GMPs, and executing production schedules to support customer service objectives. In addition the main duties include overseeing food manufacturing and packaging equipment, supervising personnel to complete the daily production targets; full compliance with SOPs and safety requirements, administrative policies; preventive maintenance/predictive maintenance schedule of equipment; monitoring of equipment, labor reporting, process improvements; yields, cycle time/throughput and inventory management.
· Responsible for direct supervision and utilization of equipment, materials, and people in a food production/packaging environment.
· Optimize resources while ensuring finished product meet specifications and per the budgeted production standards and in accordance with FDA, USDA, GMP's, HACCP, and all other governmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality and have the authority to take action in the event of a Food Safety or Food Quality issue
· Monitoring production schedules and requirements in terms of quality, quantity, & safety.
· Working with planners to schedule work/jobs.
· Oversee product inspection and ensure all products are in specification.
· Write, update, and maintain SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
· Supervises accurate and timely reporting of work in process and completes all relevant paperwork and management reporting.
· Within approved operating expense budget, ensures that sufficient operating supplies and capital equipment are available for department personnel to produce product to schedule. Recommends corrections to budget as production needs require.
· Directs maintenance of operating equipment and machinery necessary to meeting production requirements in an efficient and safe manner. Recommends and audits preventive maintenance schedules to assure timely completion of work.
· Manages processes to assure product specifications, quality and safety standards are maintained.
· Directly and through technical support, establishes programs to control and improve processes. Assures that control measures are reported as required.
· Investigates and diagnoses production problems in a timely manner.
· Recommends staffing levels based on production requirements. Following legal requirements hires or promotes most qualified workers as required to meet staffing needs.
· Provides training and cross training to assure production schedules are met within budget, product specifications, quality requirements and safety standards.
· Reviews, evaluates, counsels, disciplines and discharges employees as necessary to ensure department meets or exceeds productivity requirements.
Evaluates and recommends improvements to product manufacturability
· 2-5 Years manf exp.
· Union exp.
· 1-3 yrs. Supv exp.
· Associates Deg. Bus.
· Microsoft Office
· Training Exp.
· Proven Communication Skills
ManufacturingView All Manufacturing Jobs
Get fresh Production Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.