Manufacturing Works Cleveland, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
To fabricate, design, join, fuse and bend steel flat stock, tube, angle, and rod to create structures for company's diverse product lines. The ideal candidate will possess extensive mild and stainless-steel welding experience in MIG welding (GMAW) and TIG welding (GTAW); utilizing a plasma torch and an Oxy-Acetylene torch.
1. Review orders, drawings and prints for accuracy and applicability.
2. Recognize, set up and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
3. Lay out, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly.
4. Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
5. Weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
6. Monitor the fitting and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion or expansion of materials.
7. Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with measuring instruments (i.e. calipers, tapes, etc.), straight edges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
8. Set-up and use of machines related to fabrication: saws, mills, brakes, lathes, drill presses, plasma cutters, grinders, iron workers, etc. to produce parts to order/drawing/specification.
9. Assemble component parts to final product.
10. Assess and maintain inventory needs.
11. Perform routine machine maintenance.
12. Visualize, design, and create fixtures and tooling for manufacturing efficiency.
13. Keep all work areas clean and organized.
14. Document time & material when producing parts.
15. Follow all safety policies.
16. Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
• Strong mechanical background in welding of mild and stainless steel, including: MIG Welding (GMAW); TIG Welding (GTAW); utilizing a plasma torch; Oxy-Acetylene torch.
• Welding techniques of different metals, gauges, and shapes (sheets, tube, angle, rod).
• Water-tight welding ability.
• Ability to read, visualize and follow drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
• Ability to learn job-related material through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
• Ability to accurately read measuring instruments (i.e. calipers, tapes, gauges, etc.) and use basic hand and/or power tools.
• Ability to trouble-shoot: identify problems or difficulties and decide what to do about it.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
• Strong work ethic – ability to report on time for all scheduled workdays/shifts.
Manufacturing Works is a non-profit economic development organization dedicated to improving NEO communities by nurturing manufacturing and the jobs and prosperity that come with it.