Quality Control Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manufacturing Sciences Corporation (MSC) is a Specialty Metal Manufacturer with the ability to process & manufacture technology metals in an Environmentally Sound, Safe and Controlled location. We have over 35 years of experience with depleted Uranium. We are the only commercial organization in the world with the capability to cast, roll and machine products from depleted Uranium. MSC is in search of an Quality Control Technician who will contribute to our on-going growth and success.
Essential Job Function/ Skills/ Responsibilities:
The QC technician will be responsible for inspecting products manufactured or processed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory standards. The tech will validates vendor performance to ensure acceptance of products and services and perform inspections to ensure established standards—especially those related to design control, procurement, inspection and testing. The individual will inspect materials, parts and products at various stages of fabrication.
· Provides quality control (QC) oversight and support to ensure compliance with governing requirements and to help ensure high-quality products.
· Maintains QC plans, procedures and checklists used during the inspection of fabrication activities.
· Performs and documents inspections (e.g., dimensional inspections, in-process inspections, receipt inspections, and release inspections) of fabricated and/or purchased components.
· Performs and documents nondestructive examinations (NDE) on fabricated and/or purchased components.
· Reviews inspection results and completes reports on inspection activities in accordance with applicable procedures.
· Performs reviews of vendor-supplied documentation (e.g., welding procedure specifications, performance qualification records, NDE procedures, NDE reports, NDE personnel qualifications/certifications and inspection and test plans and procedures) for compliance with design, procurement and procedural documents.
· Performs independent project surveillances as assigned.
· Supports the resolution of nonconforming conditions.
· Performs other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have the following capabilities and competencies:
1. Ability to use measuring devices: Calipers, gauges, bore mics and mic and electronic inspection equipment & software
2. Basic Math Skills
3. Strong Written and Verbal Communications Skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Intrapersonal Skills
6. Ability to multi-task
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or GED
· A minimum of 1-year prior experience in inspection, testing, and/or NDE of fabricated components.
· Knowledge and use of Calipers, gauges, bore mics and mic and electronic inspection equipment & software
· Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products and their use (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
· Strong verbal and written communication skill
· Basic understanding of quality assurance and quality control regulations and standards
· Ability to manage and/or monitor multiple projects and activities occurring simultaneously
Preferred Education & Experience:
· Experience with Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Faro Arm and hand tools for dimensional inspection
· 5 years prior experience in quality control
· Prior experience working in a Radiation Environment
Manufacturing Sciences Corporation is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
AddressSouth Pittsburg, TN
ManufacturingView all jobs at Manufacturing Sciences