- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manufacturing Sciences Corporation (MSC) is a Specialty Metal Manufacturer with the ability to process & manufacture technology metals in an Environmentally Sound, Safe and Controlled location. With over 35 years of experience, Manufacturing Sciences Corporation is the only commercial organization globally capable of casting, rolling, and machining products from depleted Uranium.
We are a team-oriented facility where each member plays an essential role in the company's ongoing success. MSC is searching for an Accounting Analyst who brings accounting knowledge, skills, understanding and contributes to the company's continued evolution.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This position will support business operations and ensure the data is entered, tracked, and adequately reconciled. The incumbent will work closely with the VP of Administration, General Manager, and other staff members to prepare reports and routinely review labor, materials, and cash flow.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheets for various projects, verify accuracy of information
- Track and update committed funds from PR's
- Review Purchases for sales and use tax filing.
- Prepare reports and analysis of cost versus budget
- Prepare and maintain cash flow
- Develop and update job estimates for new orders for performance tracking
- Create, improve processes, monitor and post accruals, and journal entries
- Document workflow, procedures, checklist, and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Work Independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to interface across all levels of employees
Physical Job Demands:
- Primarily sedentary position
- May require some walking and standing for brief periods
- Use of keyboard, 10 Key
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years prior accounting experience
- 3-5 years experience with accounting software
- Proficient in MS Office applications and MS Excel
- Sound understanding of Accounting Fundamentals
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with a team.
- Effectively communicate across all levels of employees
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 1-2 years of experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Knowledge of GAAP
Manufacturing Sciences Corporation is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
AddressSouth Pittsburg, TN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Manufacturing Sciences